• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BSC Basketball Tonight

PeauxRouge

NCU playing the Toreros. Tied 45 -45 with about 17 Minutes left.

Can watch here, if you like:

http://www.wccsports.com/gamecenter/m-baskbl/gc-032118-usd.html

PeauxRouge said:
NCU wins. Moves on to the semis.

Who is NCU? The team that played last night has uNc on their jersey's. Is this NCU new conference team? If so, I hope they challenge MU next season for tops in the conference.

BigSkyBears said:
PeauxRouge said:

Who is NCU? The team that played last night has uNc on their jersey's. Is this NCU new conference team? If so, I hope they challenge MU next season for tops in the conference.

Nobody cares who or what NCU is. I find it embarrassing for the Big Sky Conference to have NCU in the league.

GrizLA said:
BigSkyBears said:
PeauxRouge said:

Nobody cares who or what NCU is. I find it embarrassing for the Big Sky Conference to have NCU in the league.

Well,that’s good. The conference doesn’t have an NCU

BigSkyBears said:
GrizLA said:
BigSkyBears said:
PeauxRouge said:

anWell,that’s good. The conference doesn’t have an NCU
and, still doesn't care.

NoColo playing Sam Houston State at the moment ... CBS Sports (DirecTV 221). The Bitty-Bears currently lead 13-5.

NCU-Greely is up on Sam Houston State 42-39 at halftime. Would be neat to see a Big Sky team win the CIT. Weber was runner up in 2013, NAU was runner up in 2015.

Should be able to watch it at http://www.watchcit.com/ though it doesn't show up under "Live" at the moment for some reason. Hopefully once halftime is over the stream will come back.

Bears pull away, but then make stupid plays and let SHSU back in it. Not over yet (74-67 Bears) with about 8 min to go in the game.

Edit: NoColo finally did put it away, 99-80 ... no doubt aided by the fact that SHSU had two players foul out (one of them their leading scorer for the game). Odd really ... refs called 21 fouls on both teams (42 total), but those two Bearcat players got 10 of them.

GrizLA said:
BigSkyBears said:
PeauxRouge said:

UNC or NCU (does anybody really care what you call them?) needs to go, especially now that UND (North Dakota) is gone. They, somewhat, provided a travel partner with them, but now they are useless. The ONLY legitimate argument that has ever been made for UNC's inclusion in the BSC, is that they brought in Denver-based Root Sports coverage for the Big Sky. Now that the Seattle-based Root seems to controls Big Sky broadcasts, UNC is dead-weight. They are nowhere close to any other conference opponent geographically and don't add any prestige whatsoever. They are no more embarrassing than Idaho State, but at least ISU fits in geographically and historically. I agree, No Colorado doesn't do anything desireable for the rest of the Big Sky, but can the league just kick them out?

Zirg said:
GrizLA said:
BigSkyBears said:
PeauxRouge said:

UNC or NCU (does anybody really care what you call them?) needs to go, especially now that UND (North Dakota) is gone. They, somewhat, provided a travel partner with them, but now they are useless. The ONLY legitimate argument that has ever been made for UNC's inclusion in the BSC, is that they brought in Denver-based Root Sports coverage for the Big Sky. Now that the Seattle-based Root seems to controls Big Sky broadcasts, UNC is dead-weight. They are nowhere close to any other conference opponent geographically and don't add any prestige whatsoever. They are no more embarrassing than Idaho State, but at least ISU fits in geographically and historically. I agree, No Colorado doesn't do anything desireable for the rest of the Big Sky, but can the league just kick them out?

That's a pretty arrogant and prideful statement. I'll email UNC's athletic director and make sure he knows the Bears should leave, just because you say so.

Nice to see Northern Colorado get the win. Yes "one of the best Griz teams ever" had plenty of issues with UNC in the BSC tourney. BSC had a pretty good year nationally. Maybe time to step up and give some of our fellow members/rivals a little credit when due!

Also.....rooting for Krysko and the Utes tonight.....someone needs to give LK a little fashion advice though!

Mousegriz said:
Nice to see Northern Colorado get the win. Yes "one of the best Griz teams ever" had plenty of issues with UNC in the BSC tourney. BSC had a pretty good year nationally. Maybe time to step up and give some of our fellow members/rivals a little credit when due!

Also.....rooting for Krysko and the Utes tonight.....someone needs to give LK a little fashion advice though!
I don't understand people bad-mouthing NoColo after what almost happened to the Griz in the conference tournament.

With you on rooting for the Utes ... always root for western teams unless they happen to be a "pet hate."

But that Penn State team looks tough, and determined. They beat #13 (AP) Ohio State in the Big Ten tournament before losing to #8 Purdue. They have needed overtime in every NIT game ... but they did win all those games. Utes will have their hands full.

noco had a fine team. But you'll notice Zirg makes no mention of that; he simply states they have no business being in the bsc. And he's 100% correct. They had no business getting invited in the first place, and even less now that we have 1.7 billion other directional colleges on board.

Meh, what am I saying? Let''s be honest: the actual team who doesn't belong in this shit conference is the GRIZ. Let the directionals battle on while the GRIZ go to the MWC where they belong. As Big Bird used to sing, "One of these things is not like the other".

It was not “luck” that the Griz beat UNUCU (3times). Quite the opposite actually. That dude was such a horrible FT shooter, it would have been lucky for him to make one.

EverettGriz said:
noco had a fine team. But you'll notice Zirg makes no mention of that; he simply states they have no business being in the bsc. And he's 100% correct. They had no business getting invited in the first place, and even less now that we have 1.7 billion other directional colleges on board.

Meh, what am I saying? Let''s be honest: the actual team who doesn't belong in this shit conference is the GRIZ. Let the directionals battle on while the GRIZ go to the MWC where they belong. As Big Bird used to sing, "One of these things is not like the other".

Why are you so arrogant?

Back