• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rando Tourney Talk

NorthEndZoneDan

DONOR
thought about a thread for general tourney stuff.
watched the end of the Gonzaga game, if UNCG had a little more patience on just a couple possessions towards the end - they could have taken that one.
South Dakota St starts off toe to toe with Ohio State

A whole lot of "whews" in Spokane. UNGC had a 3 ball to tie with under 20 seconds go 3/4 of the way down prior to rattling out.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Loyola Chicago with the buzzer beater to knock off Miami
Hell of a game! And scary for us ... as of now, we are 10-0 on our picks so far (completed games) because we picked that game as an upset. Reason: Lo-Chic went on a roll at the end of the season and looked like the "hotter" team. But it was damn close and could have gone either way (obviously).

NorthEndZoneDan said:
SDSt still hanging tough - this was my one and only 12-5 upset pick in my bracket
And they stayed close. Tied 70-70 at just under 2 min, but that 4-point play (which was legit) gave OSU some breathing room. Too bad ... we did not pick the upset, but we were rooting for it anyway. ;)

This tournament is the best sports event of the year. Especially the first week. One of the best parts of it. There is more tomorrow!

IdaGriz01 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
SDSt still hanging tough - this was my one and only 12-5 upset pick in my bracket
And they stayed close. Tied 70-70 at just under 2 min, but that 4-point play (which was legit) gave OSU some breathing room. Too bad ... we did not pick the upset, but we were rooting for it anyway. ;)

Did I hear that announcer say that Daum kid from SDST, his dad played football at Wyoming?

IdaGriz01 said:
Two good games going on:
SFS vs Texas Tech (21-17 SFA) on TruTV.
SDSU vs Houston (23-20 H) on TBS.

While the Houston game is close, I wouldn't call it good. Sloppy and somewhat frustrating to watch.

PeauxRouge said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Two good games going on:
While the Houston game is close, I wouldn't call it good. Sloppy and somewhat frustrating to watch.
Have to agree.

The end was exciting at least. Good chance for a SDSU buzzer-beater but it wouldn't drop.

Oh well, our picks are still clean ... so far, about the best we've ever done at this point.

IdaGriz01 said:
PeauxRouge said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Two good games going on:
Have to agree.

The end was exciting at least. Good chance for a SDSU buzzer-beater but it wouldn't drop.

Oh well, are picks are still clean ... so far, about the best we've ever done at this point.

Agreed. The last minute of that game was exciting. The rest wasn't great.

PeauxRouge said:
IdaGriz01 said:
PeauxRouge said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Two good games going on:
Have to agree.

Oh well, our picks are still clean ... so far, about the best we've ever done at this point.
Agreed. The last minute of that game was exciting. The rest wasn't great.
Yep. Luckily there were other games going on at the same time.
[Fixed my typo BTW :oops: :) ]

FWIW: The Pac-12 was apparently every bit as bad as the Big Dance bids suggested -- Arizona got its ass kicked by Buffalo, 89-68.

IdaGriz01 said:
FWIW: The Pac-12 was apparently every bit as bad as the Big Dance bids suggested -- Arizona got its ass kicked by Buffalo, 89-68.
I've watched AZ play a couple times, thought they were over rated, but not this. :shock: Could this be the "excuse" for a coaching change?

IdaGriz01 said:

I though Arizona St. and UCLA were bad teams as well. Too bad the UCLA game got cancelled because Montana would have given them a game and then some. They are not a 14 seed with that win on their resume.

Back