• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Done before

garizzalies

I know it’s a long shot but it’s been done before.
The Weebs won as a 14 in 95 and 99, beating some big-named teams.
Hell, the Mich coach did it himself with Richmond.

I think it’s as tough a matchup as we could have received but I feel better than when UM played Wisc. or Syrc. Just seems like the gap in this current matchup is not as wide as those prior two

garizzalies said:
I know it’s a long shot but it’s been done before.
The Weebs won as a 14 in 95 and 99, beating some big-named teams.
Hell, the Mich coach did it himself with Richmond.

I think it’s as tough a matchup as we could have received but I feel better than when UM played Wisc. or Syrc. Just seems like the gap in this current matchup is not as wide as those prior two

It has been done before. Upset winners are called Cinderallas for a reason.

Those '12 and '13 rosters had some good players...Cherry, Jamar, Selvig. But looking at those rosters, I would agree that this year's 8 man rotation is better and more athletic top to bottom than either of those teams were.

I truly believe that the Griz are a 12 seed caliber team. I think they believe that too, and intend to prove it to the world.

The great thing about the NCAA B-ball tourney is, anything can happen. The Griz damn near beat
UCLA and John Wooden in 1975 (67-64) when Eric Hays was "in the zone" and went off for 32 points, 7 RBs, and 6 assists.

daGrizJ said:
The great thing about the NCAA B-ball tourney is, anything can happen. The Griz damn near beat
UCLA and John Wooden in 1975 (67-64) when Eric Hays was "in the zone" and went off for 32 points, 7 RBs, and 6 assists.

I will remember that game the rest of my life. And, when they tried to interview Hays post-game, his comment was, "But we lost."

Back