• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Timmy Falls

Dillon

Similarities of Timmy Falls play remind me of only one other player. I saw it in only 3 plays this past season but the similarities are striking. The other player I speak of was also white & I believe holds the NCAA scoring record to this day & got that record without a 3 point line if I'm not mistaken in only 3 years (in his day Freshman were not allowed to play on the varsity team)! To this day I have not seen any other basketball player come close to having the basketball skills of this legend. Can't wait to see how Timmy improves & where he takes us over the next 3 years.

Dillon said:
Similarities of Timmy Falls play remind me of only one other player. I saw it in only 3 plays this past season but the similarities are striking. The other player I speak of was also white & I believe holds the NCAA scoring record to this day & got that record without a 3 point line if I'm not mistaken in only 3 years (in his day Freshman were not allowed to play on the varsity team)! To this day I have not seen any other basketball player come close to having the basketball skills of this legend. Can't wait to see how Timmy improves & where he takes us over the next 3 years.

I'm also a big fan of Timmy. I think he can be the 3 point threat eventually as well.

I like Timmy Falls a lot as well but in no way shape or form is he anything like Pete Maravich. The "Pistol" was unique to this day!!!

VictorG said:
I like Timmy Falls a lot as well but in no way shape or form is he anything like Pete Maravich. The "Pistol" was unique to this day!!!

Notice that I said 3 plays this past season reminded me of Pistol Pete Maravich. There is no way ANYONE including Timmy Falls could even come close to (in my mind) the greatest basketball player of all time, but up to this point in time I have not seen one player remind me of the great Pistol Pete Maravich until this past season. Like I said in the earlier post, Buckle up folks the next 3 seasons are going to be entertaining!

Maravich could do things with a basketball in hand that no other person, living or dead could do. It is a shame that more young players don't study film of and try to emulate Pistol Pete! I could say the same thing about Julius Erving.

However I can't agree that he was the greatest of all time. That debate always centers around what metric(s), you're using to support your position. For example one can argue that Bill Russell, despite his statistics, was the greatest because he won 11 rings in 13 years. No one else even comes close! Or that Magic was because he could play all 5 positions on the court.

Course, what the hell do I know! Until last year I didn't think anyone would ever match Oscar Robertson's record of averaging a triple double for a season!

BTW, I love Timmy Falls' play and his upside potential. Someone should tell him to study Maravich.

Hey reminds me of White Chocolate AKA Jason Williams. His handles, passing, fire and quick release. He’s going to be a stone cold killer by the time he’s a senior.

The Pistol was a combination of Steph Curry and Steve Nash. Timmy Falls will be a fun player to watch the next few years. Some of his passes are reminicient of Pistol Pete.

Hmmm. On several occasions this past season, Timmy reminded me of J R Camel. I also like the Hurley connection, regarding his on-court demeanor.

thegrizguy said:
Hey reminds me of White Chocolate AKA Jason Williams. His handles, passing, fire and quick release. He’s going to be a stone cold killer by the time he’s a senior.

Timmy's nickname within the team is also "White Chocolate". If you have seen his parents at the games, you know why.
I have a friend who's sister teaches at Dublin High, who said that Timmy was the most well-liked kid in the entire school. That he spent many volunteer hours mentoring kids who were academic underachievers.
Timmy brings excitement and energy whenever he gets into games. The next 3 years are going to be fun to watch.

Hello griz nation it's coach Nelson here timmy's assistant coach at Dublin high just
Wanted to say how happy I am for the team and Timmy. His feel and IQ for the game
Is incredible for such a young player. Because his offensive skill set was so good in high
school his defensive skill set never got the attention or credit that he deserved. It took awhile
for him to adjust to playing more off the ball at the collegiate level as well as the speed but if
you have been around Timmy and know him he is as a competitive and hard on himself
as anybody you knew he would figure it out.Trav and the coaching staff have done a great job of
bringing him along and now his confidence body language energy and passion that he plays
with are on full display we won a lot of ball games with him because he was a complete 2 way
player and a good student athlete off the court.you guys will enjoy him up there for the next 3 years
good luck griz nation in the tournament.

Coachnelson said:
Hello griz nation it's coach Nelson here timmy's assistant coach at Dublin high just
Wanted to say how happy I am for the team and Timmy. His feel and IQ for the game
Is incredible for such a young player. Because his offensive skill set was so good in high
school his defensive skill set never got the attention or credit that he deserved. It took awhile
for him to adjust to playing more off the ball at the collegiate level as well as the speed but if
you have been around Timmy and know him he is as a competitive and hard on himself
as anybody you knew he would figure it out.Trav and the coaching staff have done a great job of
bringing him along and now his confidence body language energy and passion that he plays
with are on full display we won a lot of ball games with him because he was a complete 2 way
player and a good student athlete off the court.you guys will enjoy him up there for the next 3 years

Welcome to the board, Coach! Please continue to visit. And of course, if you have any more Timmy Fallses lying around your program, we'd certainly appreciate you sending them up to Montana. :thumb:

Coachnelson said:
Nice to hear from you, Coach. Stay tuned for the future.

Falls and/or Moorehead need to be aggressive in looking for open 3's against Michigan. Open shots will likely be few and far between against them. Their focus will be on limiting Rorie, Oguine, and Akoh. If the GRIZ can hit 7 or more 3's, I like our chances. Feel free to "unleash" Timmy against Michigan

...really like the way he plays with passion...
...really like the chemistry he brings to team...
...really liked his technical foul in the cat game...

... :cool: ...

We got the chance to talk with Timmy and as fierce as he is on the court he is calm and very polite off of it. His father seems to be a great guy also very easy going and fun to talk with. I wish Timmy nothing but the best and can’t wait to watch him and KN as they go through the program.
TF passing and KN dunking 😳

mtgrizrule said:
Falls and/or Moorehead need to be aggressive in looking for open 3's against Michigan. Open shots will likely be few and far between against them. Their focus will be on limiting Rorie, Oguine, and Akoh. If the GRIZ can hit 7 or more 3's, I like our chances. Feel free to "unleash" Timmy against Michigan

I agree, Rule. It seems to me many times I see us pass on an open three in favor of a pass into the post, or back around the perimeter. Not against Michigan. I'd tell my guards and wings: Open shot, let 'er fly!

Another thing: We can't be passive. I hope that same attack mode we took into the second half against Eastern Washington carries over Thursday night.

But this is where DeCuire's scheduling should pay off. We've seen Penn State, and Washington. Should have seen UCLA. We certainly shouldn't be intimidated.

One final thought: In big games like this, you need one or two players to step up, to play way over their heads. Like Eric Hayes did in that UCLA game in 1975. My candidate? Michael Oguine. I believe this is where he makes his reputation on the national stage. But it might just as well be Timmy Falls or Sayeed Pridgett. Or Rorie. Come to think of it, anybody in our eight-man rotation. Somebody!

Thinkin' our guards are as quick as any around - can slash to the basket for shorties as well solid from around the arc but am genuinely concerned about Krslovic who has had some less than sterling efforts on the offensive boards. He needs to start playing taller particularly against a guy like the other UM's 7' 1" Jon Teske.

Back