• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BSC tournament bids

Paytonlives

Staff member
Obviously UM is going to the big dance. But there are 3 other tournaments, who gets a ticket?

UM vs Michigan (NCAA) March 15, 7:50PM

UNC 22-12 (CIT) 1st round bye
PSU 20-13 (CIT) 1st round bye
EWU 20-14 at Utah Valley (CBI) March 13, 7PM

Idaho 22-9 (None)
Weber 20-11 (passed on CIT and CBI)

Paytonlives said:
Obviously UM is going to the big dance. But there are 3 other tournaments, who gets a ticket?

UM vs Michigan (NCAA)

Idaho 22-9
UNC 22-12
Weber 20-11
PSU 20-13
EWU 20-14

Eastern Washington is certainly pursuing a CBI bid. Portland State head coach Barret Peery and Northern Colorado head coach Jeff Linder said they would certainly like to keep playing if invited. Randy Rahe said Weber State would accept the right post season bid. Idaho's Don Verlin was a little more unclear when I asked him - he said they would have a team meeting before deciding if they wanted to continue playing.

Weber State voted as a team to decline all post-season invites.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrandonGarside/status/972976837037932544[/tweet]

fanofzoo said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
fanofzoo said:
Would we have gone ? Sounded like they didn't consider it.

NIT? Regular season league champ was an automatic bid in NIT if they lost in the tourney.

Thought Mike said they didn't want to go.

Maybe he did. But Montana was already in the NIT had they lost in the tournament. My guess, they would have played.

HelenaHandBasket said:
fanofzoo said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
fanofzoo said:
Would we have gone ? Sounded like they didn't consider it.

NIT? Regular season league champ was an automatic bid in NIT if they lost in the tourney.

Thought Mike said they didn't want to go.

Maybe he did. But Montana was already in the NIT had they lost in the tournament. My guess, they would have played.

In my mind, 100% they play the NIT if they didnt make the NCAA

Paytonlives said:
PSU and UNC in the CIT

EWU in the CBI playing @Utah Valley.

DYDYdEXWAAA5g3O.jpg

I have never understood this mentality. Play the fricken game!!! There are no good reasons not to.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrandonGarside/status/972976837037932544[/tweet]

I stand corrected... maybe.

We had to decline this year because of the overall health of our team," WSU head coach Randy Rahe said. "Our guys have been fighting through a lot of physical issues over the last three weeks and although it wasn't easy, I'm proud of how they handled it.”

Paytonlives said:
I stand corrected... maybe.

We had to decline this year because of the overall health of our team," WSU head coach Randy Rahe said. "Our guys have been fighting through a lot of physical issues over the last three weeks and although it wasn't easy, I'm proud of how they handled it.”

I wonder if the coaching turmoil, if it is true, is playing into this decision.

Back