• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Decuire

HookedonGriz

DONOR
We have an absolute gem in TD. You can see how much love the players have for him in the videos of his Coach of the Year and videos floating tonight of him in the locker room and in the post game interview.

Not to mention he is seriously the best half-time and in-game adjustment coach I've seen on the Griz bench, like a Jedi master. I'm not sure how much longer we will have him Griz Nation. Let's really enjoy this ride. This coach willl be in very high demand. Thanks TD for kicking ass and giving us something to be proud of, on and off the floor.

I've been watching all the twitter and facebook video links. The winning, effort, heart, and cohesiveness brings this GRIZ fan tears of joy and pride. How do we keep DeCuire? Let's start by getting approval to pay him the majority of money earned for making the NCAA tournament. That would be a nice incentive bonus as a reward. He certainly is creating something very special.

Could not agree more! Those second half adjustments and the effort the team put forth on defense in the second half were tremendous!

Congratulations to all of the players and coaches, and particularly to Coach TD for a job exceedingly well done!

mtgrizrule said:
I've been watching all the twitter and facebook video links. The winning, effort, heart, and cohesiveness brings this GRIZ fan tears of joy and pride. How do we keep DeCuire? Let's start by getting approval to pay him the majority of money earned for making the NCAA tournament. That would be a nice incentive bonus as a reward. He certainly is creating something very special.
Keeping him for very long is going to be tough, especially when/if the Griz make a decent run in the Dance. He was very, very impressive in the post-game interview by the ESPN guy -- some great national exposure (for him and the Griz).

A class act for sure. The love and respect he has for his players and they for him says all you need to know. Sure hope he stays around to make UM Grizzlies something special.

One would assume the families keeping this university relevant during the financial fiasco created by one of its own by-products while on the Board of Regents, i.e., tying funding to graduation and retention, that a viable nonprofit athletic foundation can and will be formed to take care of the great coaches and minds in this university.

Were just the Davidsons, Millers, Rankins and Washingtons to decide this universities athletic department is worth more to this state than being treated like a stepping stone to bigger and better for their fiercely loyal coaches and fanbase, those four families alone could transform the present condition of this schools image.

A very small portion of the big money school's coaching salaries comes from their state's budget.

PlayerRep said:
Will Cal coach get fired this year?

Doubt it is his first year as the head guy, and signed a multi-year deal. With Cal's budget issues unlikely they will want to pay that out and hire another guy.

dayday said:
PlayerRep said:

Doubt it is his first year as the head guy, and signed a multi-year deal. With Cal's budget issues unlikely they will want to pay that out and hire another guy.

2-16 in con play will certainly get them after TD sooner then later. Plus Wash St, Col, ASU, or even Ore St for that matter might be looking for new coaches to improve their teams. Especially with only sending three teams to the dance. It won’t be long when TD’s gonna have a tuff choice to make.

alabamagrizzly said:
dayday said:
PlayerRep said:

2-16 in con play will certainly get them after TD sooner then later. Plus Wash St, Col, ASU, or even Ore St for that matter might be looking for new coaches to improve their teams. Especially with only sending three teams to the dance. It won’t be long when TD’s gonna have a tuff choice to make.
Zero chance ASU fires Bobby Hurley

IdaGriz01 said:
mtgrizrule said:
Keeping him for very long is going to be tough, especially when/if the Griz make a decent run in the Dance. He was very, very impressive in the post-game interview by the ESPN guy -- some great national exposure (for him and the Griz).

I think I got the ESPN post-championship interview with Travis DeCuire. It's obvious the affection this team has for its coach.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/quartzglen/status/973030794762440709[/tweet]

SWeberCat02 said:
Utah St just fired their HC. Wouldn't be surprised if they look at Decuire.

Washington kid with California ties that graduated from Montana. I don’t think Utah State is a theat to get TD

I don't think TD would take the USU job. He will be a Pac10 coach within the next 3 years. We are very lucky to have him in the meantime. He is showing the ability to build a winning culture and a team with players that buy in and have good chemistry. Also a very good recruiter and a great mind for the game. Not a lot of coaches could make those adjustments and completely turn around a game that EWU was on its way of running away with. I expect he will be a successful high major coach for any program smart enough to give him the opportunity.

No way TDC takes the usu job with the team he has coming back here.

But I agree Band, whatever it takes to make TDC a Montana Mark Few, we need to make happen.

alabamagrizzly said:
dayday said:
PlayerRep said:

I really think he’ll stay for next year at least with the team he’ll have back. OSU is going to go with Tinkle another year. ASU made the tourney. WSU maybe TD would consider but I don’t see it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
alabamagrizzly said:
dayday said:
PlayerRep said:

I really think he’ll stay for next year at least with the team he’ll have back. OSU is going to go with Tinkle another year. ASU made the tourney. WSU maybe TD would consider but I don’t see it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASU made the tourney but thanks largely to their ridiculous non con sched winning streak. They fell on their face come con time and were like 9th in the standings.

Back