• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rorie’s Shooting

Griz til I die

DONOR
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Rorie is in a shooting slump? He just has not had that many points lately and his 3 point shooting last night was terrible. I don’t think he made a 3. Anyone else think he’s havibg a tough time shooting right now?

...maybe..maybe not...
...look at the overall performance...
...the guy is smooth as silk both ends of the floor...

... :cool: ...

Rorie didn't shoot well last night, but still played fairly well. He runs the team well. He takes good care of the ball. He rebounds. He had the steal at the end of the game. He probably was given credit for the ke steal that Krsovich caused.

The problem with shooting last night was that after the first 10 or 15 minutes, the Griz shot poorly.

54% and 56% overall shooting and from 3, in first half.

30% and 18% in second half. I'm guessing that stats include the overtime.

I would guess UM shooting in the last 5 or so minutes and OT was even worse than that. Good free throw shooting down the stretch is what saved the Griz. Krsloivich, Moorehead, Rorie and Oguine (and his 2 misses were late and not critical).

Looks like Rorie has shot below his season averages from the field and 3, in 4 of the last 5 games.

He had the steal at the end. That’s clutch. The team as a whole has been playing incredible defense... last night looked a little flat. They also have been missing a lot of free throws and shots under the basket and still beating the competition pretty easily (except last night.). Fun game though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely he’s in a slump. It happens to all basketball players.

The good ones, like Rorie, bounce out of slumps when they’re needed the most. I’m sure he will come out and play like a MVP this up coming Thursday and Saturday. His team will need him to play like one.

Tough road trip coming up, but after the test/scare last night, I’m sure Rorie and the team will be dialed in.

It happens. It happened earlier this season to Oguine. He responded by showing up at the gym at 5 am to work on his shot, if memory serves TDC was there as well. I fully expect Rorie will get ahead of this soon.

He shoots .480 when not trying the 3, .315 on his 3 point shooting. He needs to abandon the 3 point shot, and dirve and create, which he does well. He would add about 2 points per game to his average, plus have a chance at more +1 fouls when driving. And its been this way all year.

ordigger said:
He shoots .480 when not trying the 3, .315 on his 3 point shooting. He needs to abandon the 3 point shot, and dirve and create, which he does well. He would add about 2 points per game to his average, plus have a chance at more +1 fouls when driving. And its been this way all year.

I disagree. He's a capable shooter, shot over 38% from 3 last season which is pretty decent. I think giving up that part of his game would be moronic, a one dimensional player is much easier to defend. Just needs to keep shooting.

Tired legs. Rorie missed nearly every shot off the front rim. a sure sign of tired legs. Playing psu will do that. He'll be fine on this road trip.

The good news is the Griz have still been winning, despite his shooting. These next two games, he’ll probab average 23 a game. Which will be bad news for eastern and Idaho. He’ll be fine! Go Griz!

rocklobster said:
The good news is the Griz have still been winning, despite his shooting. These next two games, he’ll probab average 23 a game. Which will be bad news for eastern and Idaho. He’ll be fine! Go Griz!

The importance of... and the difficulty of adequately commanding the role of point guard/floor general on a winning team, is frequently overlooked. Every rotation (offense or defense) runs thorough Mr. Rorie, and it's obvious he's taking his role seriously. He'll be fine! Game by game, he gets better. Ahmaad is giving everything he's got for the Montana Grizzlies.

If it was the last game, with the last shot on the line, need it to win, I have absolute faith for him to take it.

Now lets hope it doesn't come to that.

grizzlyjournal said:
rocklobster said:

The importance of... and the difficulty of adequately commanding the role of point guard/floor general on a winning team, is frequently overlooked. Every rotation (offense or defense) runs thorough Mr. Rorie, and it's obvious he's taking his role seriously. He'll be fine! Game by game, he gets better. Ahmaad is giving everything he's got for the Montana Grizzlies.

I agree. I have huge confidence in him and how he has played this year. Love how he runs the team. Smooth and smart. He's welcome to take the winning shot anytime, in my view.

Griz til I die said:
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Rorie is in a shooting slump? He just has not had that many points lately and his 3 point shooting last night was terrible. I don’t think he made a 3. Anyone else think he’s havibg a tough time shooting right now?

He's been horrible lately, no doubt. There has only been one game all year where he didn't attempt at least 10 shots and he's incredibly inconsistant. He was 1-15 from 3 pt land in 3 straight games lately and a ton of turnovers (7 in that same 3 game stretch) and has only hit on 25-75 overall in his last 6 games. He's getting his points but it's taking 15 shots/game. Fortunately, he IS capable of much better and I fully expect it.

Zirg said:
Griz til I die said:

He's been horrible lately, no doubt. There has only been one game all year where he didn't attempt at least 10 shots and he's incredibly inconsistant. He was 1-15 from 3 pt land in 3 straight games lately and a ton of turnovers (7 in that same 3 game stretch) and has only hit on 25-75 overall in his last 6 games. He's getting his points but it's taking 15 shots/game. Fortunately, he IS capable of much better and I fully expect it.

Not true. Especially, after last weekend. And he was never horrible.

For example, in the last 2 tough road games, he shot 50% from 3 (7-14), 42% (11-26) overall, and scored 18 and 19 points. He played 38 and 44 minutes. He should take a lot of shots. Was 100% on free throws in those games.

Having 7 turnovers in a 3-game stretch is not surprising for a point guard who plays that much and averages 2.1 turnovers per game. His assist to turnover ratio is a good 1.7. 5th in the conference.

He is shooting 42% and 33% (from 3). Could be better but hardly horrible. His free throw percentage is 86%.

He is a terrific player. Yes, he had a a bit of a shooting slump in some games prior to last weekend. That shooting slump dragged down his shooting stats a bit from last season, both overall and 3.

While we will see, based on the last 2 games, he seems to have come out of the shooting slump.

Rorie was only 5-15 shooting, including 0-5 from 3, but did a lot of other things very well. Defended Hall well when Moorehead went out. 6 assists to 1 TO. Had a couple great passes including, I think, an extra pass to Falls when Falls was heating up. 5 rebounds. 13 points. 1 steal. Only Griz player with over 30 minutes.

Back