• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spuds v. ewoo

EverettGriz

DONOR
In a rare Friday nighter, a battle to stay relevant. Considering both teams still have to play Montana and Weber, the loser of this game may be in a real fight to finish in the top 4 and secure a bye.

Not getting a great deal of help lately, so I guess the GRIZ will just have to take care of their own business. Ewoooo on the other hand isn’t looking at an early check in at the hotel in reNO

Part of me was hoping EWU would beat the Spuds (I really do not like the spuds), but part of me was hoping they'd beat EWU for tournament seeding reasons. As long as the Griz hold on to the #1 seed I'd rather have EWU at a 5 seed or better yet 6 seed than a 4 seed. But...I really don't like Idaho. The constant trash talk, showboating even when losing and some dirty play of Idaho in previous years makes me dislike them more than any other team in the Big Sky by far. Ended up rooting for EWU to pull off the upset. Oh well.

Bliznyuk didn't have a great game against Idaho and that seems to be the key to beating EWU, contain Bliznyuk. He's a hell of a player though. I was also pretty impressed with Mason Peatling the few times I've seen EWU play this season and Benzel's 3 point shooting. Peatling reminded me a bit of Hollins from PSU (who impressed the hell out of me in the PSU game) in that he's on the floor, blocking shots, grabbing rebounds and just doing lots of dirty work out there. He's only a sophomore too.

Hoping for an all Montana sweep next week. Go Griz and ...uh...yeah go cats too beat the spuds and the eagles!

I think having Idaho back is a good thing. They have raised the level of competition in the BSC and they are, or at least were, a great rival. I've only watched parts of a couple of their games but Sanders can flat out shoot the 3, 40.3% on the season. And Blake is no slouch either. Potomac is right, they do yap a lot, but they always have, in every sport. My guess is its the little bro thing with Boise that makes them so insecure. I'm looking forward to watching the Griz take these guys down.

Alright, yahoos...agronomists you ain't!... Potatoes, known in the vernacular as spuds, are not grown in any meaningful quantity anywhere within 400 miles of bucolic Moscow. Chickpeas, lentils, beans and yes - even hops and barley malted for beer making spring from the verdant Palouse, but you've got to go waaay southeast down around Idaho Falls or Rexburg to find any meaningful tater production. Hell, you'd be closer ( but still wide of the mark) tagging Idaho State with the moniker misnomer instead of the bemused Vandellas who somehow have passed on pointing out the oft repeated goof. But of course they may be no more knowledgeable about their own turf than a lot of geographically-challenged egrizzers.

If an appropriate pejorative is still needed " Hop Heads" works fine...at least it would be correct.

Silvertip said:
Alright, yahoos...agronomists you ain't!... Potatoes, known in the vernacular as spuds, are not grown in any meaningful quantity anywhere within 400 miles of bucolic Moscow. Chickpeas, lentils, beans and yes - even hops and barley malted for beer making spring from the verdant Palouse, but you've got to go waaay southeast down around Idaho Falls or Rexburg to find any meaningful tater production. Hell, you'd be closer ( but still wide of the mark) tagging Idaho State with the moniker misnomer instead of the bemused Vandellas who somehow have passed on pointing out the oft repeated goof. But of course they may be no more knowledgeable about their own turf than a lot of geographically-challenged egrizzers.

If an appropriate pejorative is still needed " Hop Heads" works fine...at least it would be correct.

Guarantee you there are more spuds grown in Latah County than there are Grizzlies in Missoula County. :D

Back