• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Can the Griz run the table?

Paytonlives

Staff member
Home vs PSU 14-9 (4-6)
Home vs Sac 6-17 (3-7)
At EWU 12-12 (7-4)
At Idaho 16-7 (8-3)
Home MSU 12-12 (5-6)
Home Weber 15-7 (8-2)
Home ISU 10-11 (5-7)

Obviously EWU and Idaho on the road are great challenges.

UM is going to have to stop the 3 pt shots that Idaho, Weber, and EWU count on. They are good at it. MSU should be no problem. They are a two man team. Idaho and Weber are pretty good when they are not turning the ball over. The Griz might lose one of them but I doubt they lose two.

I am very high on the team and how they are playing and defending now, but I don't think they can win all those games. If they do, that will say a lot about them and coach D, and how he and they have made themselves almost completely consistent. And will be a good sign for the conference tourney.

I won't be surprised if they drop one of the road games and a trip up against Rahe and the Weebs won't be a surprise, either

Yes they can...right now I'm leaning towards one loss though, which honestly could be a good thing heading into the big sky tournament.

PlayerRep said:
I am very high on the team and how they are playing and defending now, but I don't think they can win all those games. If they do, that will say a lot about them and coach D, and how he and the have made themselves almost completely consistent. And will be a good sign for the conference tourney.

My thoughts exactly. I think they CAN, and the way they are playing is at an excellent level right now. Freshmen hit walls frequently, teams get hot, players get cold, etc. If they DO, man, look out!

Yes they have the potential to win them all. Significant challenges exist (bolded).
Paytonlives said:
Home vs PSU 14-9 (4-6)
Home vs Sac 6-17 (3-7)
At EWU 12-12 (7-4)
At Idaho 16-7 (8-3)
Home MSU 12-12 (5-6)
Home Weber 15-7 (8-2)
Home ISU 10-11 (5-7)

Obviously EWU and Idaho on the road are great challenges.

Whether it's 0, 1, or 2 losses, not too shabby for a team that was only predicted to finish 3rd. :thumb:

The schedule really lines up strangely this year. The Griz have not yet played the other top teams in the conference, and only end up playing those teams once this season (WSU, UI, EWU).

Each of those teams have shown vulnerabilities this season with losses to bottom half teams.

I have to think there is likely a loss or two on the schedule. Don Verland at Idaho is a seasoned coach with a veteran team (6 seniors). Idaho is a tough out. Weber is always tough and are quietly sitting at # 2 behind the Griz. I'm not sold on EWU, too inconsistent this year and rely too heavily on Bliznyuk for scoring, but if he goes off, that's a tough win too. PSU worries me a bit if they get hot in Missoula on Thursday.

My expectation is that there is a loss or two in there somewhere. On the same token, if they do run the table, it would not surprise me.

I always hate to get ahead of myself, but IF the Griz run the table and IF they win the tournament, that could do wonders for their seeding. I couldn't honestly see anything lower than a 12 seed at that point.

Every one of you guys better be in the house this week for PSU and Sac St. I'll be there for both!

Next weekend is going to be big for Bobby on the defensive end. Idaho and EWU both have big guards who like to take the ball to the basket. The way the match ups have gone this year I think Bobby will be matched up with both of these guys to start unless they look at pressing Idaho and try to get the guy to turn it over, which they did last year with MO. I will be at both of these games since I live in CDA. It will be great to see them in person finally this year after watching every game online.

Answer - Yes

You guys are really good this year, looking forward to the game with eastern next week. The downfall to this conference, is the fact that the top four teams besides one game between Idaho and Eastern, haven’t played each other yet this year. The Griz should run away with the conference title, but going undefeated will be a true feat considering the road trip next weekend…

We can and should win out, but I can see either Idaho or EWU knocking us off on the road. Weber State at home will be in front of a packed house, so it will be a tough road win for Weber, but not impossible. (Get your tickets now!)

AZDoc said:
PlayerRep said:
I am very high on the team and how they are playing and defending now, but I don't think they can win all those games. If they do, that will say a lot about them and coach D, and how he and the have made themselves almost completely consistent. And will be a good sign for the conference tourney.

My thoughts exactly. I think they CAN, and the way they are playing is at an excellent level right now. Freshmen hit walls frequently, teams get hot, players get cold, etc. If they DO, man, look out!

Thank you AZDoc, you are one of the few that say we will win vs could drop one or two crowd. Yes it will be very hard but the level of play we are at coupled with so many threats we have, I see us going all the way.

AllWeatherFan said:
We can and should win out, but I can see either Idaho or EWU knocking us off on the road. Weber State at home will be in front of a packed house, so it will be a tough road win for Weber, but not impossible. (Get your tickets now!)

These are the big 3! 2-1 would be great. PSU is number 4. Tough stretch here.

Win out and 25-5

WOW!

3 games in the tourney?
28-5
and only one senior!

My guess is UM loses one regular season game. At EWU or Idaho.

Back