• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

TV Coverage for Griz-Cat

Gaeilge1

I've checked the normal cable outlets and Direct and can't find either the Ladies or Men's games listed! Are they being broadcast and if so where?

Thanks for any help!

SWX, the last I've heard:

http://www.gogriz.com/news/2017/11/30/mens-basketball-swx-montana-picks-up-tv-rights-for-additional-hoops-games.aspx

Don't know what channel that'd be in your area, though.

I think it will be on both Pluto and SWX. SWX is channel 199 in Great Falls. Not sure of SWX channel fir other areas.

Thanks for the info!

It seems almost criminal though that one of the networks isn't picking these games up. I must have seen 15 channels showing the Texas-Texas Tech Women's game, and at least on Direct TV, the ABC affiliate is broadcasting the Warriors-Rockets game tomorrow evening that is being broadcast initially on one of the ESPN channel's this afternoon!

Just doesn't seem right.

Gaeilge1 said:
Thanks for the info!

It seems almost criminal though that one of the networks isn't picking these games up. I must have seen 15 channels showing the Texas-Texas Tech Women's game, and at least on Direct TV, the ABC affiliate is broadcasting the Warriors-Rockets game tomorrow evening that is being broadcast initially on one of the ESPN channel's this afternoon!

Just doesn't seem right.

Remember...it's Montana---we are still in the wilderness! :lol:

Yeah, I know, but coverage particularly for basketball was much better in the Dark Ages, before the corporate takeover by the BSC. I guess that's the price of progress!

Gogriz.com say it is televised on the SWX networks. I really don't know what channels that would be locally. It still isn't listed on the DTV guide.

mtgrizrule said:
Gogriz.com say it is televised on the SWX networks. I really don't know what channels that would be locally. It still isn't listed on the DTV guide.
I could be mistaken, but I don't believe direct tv carries SWX. it's a local ABC subsidiary

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

grizband said:
mtgrizrule said:
I could be mistaken, but I don't believe direct tv carries SWX. it's a local ABC subsidiary

Correct, if you want swx and antenna will help you greatly

mtgrizfankb said:
grizband said:
mtgrizrule said:

Correct, if you want swx and antenna will help you greatly

Except for some markets where DirectTv offers local channel. I'm in bozeman and I have DirecTV and am able to get SWX through the local channels in my DirecTV package.

Gaeilge1 said:
Yeah, I know, but coverage particularly for basketball was much better in the Dark Ages, before the corporate takeover by the BSC. I guess that's the price of progress!

I've thought of that too. Back in the day, the Griz-Cat basketball games were always telecast locally, and, sometimes, a couple other games. Isn't it wonderful what the future has brought us!!??!!

I'm in Helena and I believe that, if you get cable, SWX is channel 6 (or 506 for high-def). Might be same for Great Falls.

So SWX-
Great Falls cable- 199, possibly others
Billings- 503
Helena- 506

Hooked, do you know the Direct TV channel in Bozeman?

Anyone have the cable channels for SWX for Butte, Kalispell, Missoula?

cmtgrizzly said:
So SWX-
Great Falls cable- 199, possibly others
Billings- 503
Helena- 506

Hooked, do you know the Direct TV channel in Bozeman?

Anyone have the cable channels for SWX for Butte, Kalispell, Missoula?

Just double-checked and the Griz games in Helena are indeed on cable channel 199. Didn't even know we had such a thing.

505 and 506 are both ABC affiliates, and 199 apparently is a third offshoot they call SWX Right Now.

So if you are in another Montana city and can't see the games on your regular cable schedules you might try 199 or something in that range.

Pluto shows the women's game at 4 PM... considering that Pluto carried SWX-originated Bobcat roundball earlier in the season I'm guessing that means they'll have tonight's men's game as well.

Silvertip said:
Pluto shows the women's game at 4 PM... considering that Pluto carried SWX-originated Bobcat roundball earlier in the season I'm guessing that means they'll have tonight's men's game as well.

Weird, cause SWX shows it being televised from 2 to 4.

grizonbob said:
Silvertip said:

Weird, cause SWX shows it being televised from 2 to 4.

Dunno...with men's game at 7 PM a three hour gap after the ladies 4 PM start sounds about right?

Silvertip said:

I believe the 4 pm is Eastern time, thus 2:00 here.

Back