• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bracketology

citygriz

Joe Lunardi now has us as a 14 seed, playing Kansas in Wichita. Hey, we're movin' on up!
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

EverettGriz said:
'68griz said:
EverettGriz said:
Mavman said:
I agree lifetime Griz Fan Long time Jayhawk fan :thumb:

First time caller?
Huh?

"Longtime listener, first time caller", a staple of any talk radio program.

Not sure when I laughed harder...with the initial comment because that is exactly how it sounded, or the fact you had to explain it. Good laugh today, no doubt.

Updated today, Joe Lunardi has Montana as a 15 seed versus Oklahoma a 2 seed. Whipping the Cats by 25 on their home court could change it.

I say it every year. Lunardi is clueless when it comes to the Big Sky. Right now, the GRIZ are playing much better than a 15 seed. Providing they continue to play well and only lose to conference teams in top half in the standings, I honestly see the GRIZ as no worse than a 14 seed.

Assuming the GRIZ win the Conference tournament, here is where I see them being seeded.

0 conference losses- 12 seed.
1 or 2 conference losses- 13 seed
3 conference losses-14 seed.
4 or 5 conference losses-15 seed.
6 or more conference losses-16 seed.

I honestly expect the GRIZ to maintain a high level of play this season. With the start the GRIZ have, I expect no more than 3 conference losses. When the season started, I thought the GRIZ would be 4-2 right now and about 12-6 in the conference when conference play ended. I feel 15-3 or 14-4 is pretty realistic rest of the way through. The UND/UNC and EWU/UI road trips are worrisome for me. Splitting those 4 games is likely. The other tough road game is MSU, fortunately we get that one out of the way this weekend.

Can the GRIZ go undefeated in conference play at home? I really am split on this one. Based on how they are playing right now, I really want to believe they can. Based on past history, 1 or 2 slips ups at home have proven to be the norm.

Defense is terrific and rebounding is great this season. Usually those 2 things are great indicators for most teams in any conference. I am pretty convinced 15-3 will end up being our conference record. It would be a great achievement to go undefeated at home this season.

As for the NCAA tournament, the selection committee does have a history of giving favorable seeds (10 to 12 seeds) to mid majors with great guard play, with great conference records. Fortunately for the GRIZ, that variable is a huge plus for the GRIZ, with Rorie and Oguine leading the way. Those 2 can hold their own against most guard combinations in the nation. The question is, how much more can Falls pick up his game? I really would like to see him prove to be a reliable scorer off the bench. We already know he is terrific at ball distribution and defense.

#letsgodancing

14 seed now based on latest projections by Joe Lunardi. Playing #3 seed Oklahoma.

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?iteration=206&region=2&year=2018

socalgriz2344 said:
14 seed now based on latest projections by Joe Lunardi. Playing #3 seed Oklahoma.

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?iteration=206&region=2&year=2018

ooofff....that has the makings of another UW (Washington OR Wisconsin) game... :cry:

Haslametrics had Montana as a 13 seed last week, but I see that its been updated to a 14. I also see that they went from 57 to 61 in Haslametrics rankings with the road win over the Cats. Interesting.

I agree that Lunardi is clueless when it comes to the Big Sky. He has underrated the BSC consistently over the years. He almost just has the BSC penciled in as a 15-16, regardless of what the representative has actually done during their season.

There's a lot of basketball to play still, but IF they keep playing this way, and IF they win the conference, and IF they win the tournament, I like their odds for a 12-13 seed.

The four remaining road games at NCU, UND, EWU and UI are all tough out's. I'd honestly be very happy to split those. PSU and WSU at home are not give-me's either. They're off to a great start, but they'll still have to earn a championship and tournament bid.

Jaredkuehn said:
Haslametrics had Montana as a 13 seed last week, but I see that its been updated to a 14. I also see that they went from 57 to 61 in Haslametrics rankings with the road win over the Cats. Interesting.

I agree that Lunardi is clueless when it comes to the Big Sky. He has underrated the BSC consistently over the years. He almost just has the BSC penciled in as a 15-16, regardless of what the representative has actually done during their season.

There's a lot of basketball to play still, but IF they keep playing this way, and IF they win the conference, and IF they win the tournament, I like their odds for a 12-13 seed.

The four remaining road games at NCU, UND, EWU and UI are all tough out's/ I'd honestly be very happy to split those. PSU and WSU at home are not give-me's either. They're off to a great start, but they'll still have to earn a championship and tournament bid.

I agree that a minimum of two losses and perhaps three seem pretty reasonable. If we beat either Idaho or Weber, I begin feeling VERY good. Those two teams, the only other teams within two games of Montana, still have to play each other, so one will have a minimum of 3 losses.

Back