• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz/Scat Roll Call...

Cotton-eyed Hoe

Gonna do my level best to get over to Bozo for Saturday night's game. Anyone else making the long (or not so long) drive from wherever you may be? Also, I spend as little time in Bozo as possible, and thus, don't have my finger on the pulse of that cesspool (thank goodness). Any place there that a Griz fan can get a good burger and beer without it being loogied (sp?) or otherwise spiked?

Another question: Is there an official (or unofficial) "visitors" section of Brick Breeden FH that I should be targeting as I peruse available tickets? Muchos Gracias!

I’ll be there along with 4 others from Butte, and 4 from Bozeman, all Griz fans. As far as visitors section goes, it’ll be right behind the Griz section I believe.

Griz til I die said:
I’ll be there along with 4 others from Butte, and 4 from Bozeman, all Griz fans. As far as visitors section goes, it’ll be right behind the Griz section I believe.

Excellent! Do you happen to know which section is the "Griz" section?

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
Griz til I die said:

Oops! That was a typo my bad. I meant to say that it should be behind the Griz bench. Sorry my bad.

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
Gonna do my level best to get over to Bozo for Saturday night's game. Anyone else making the long (or not so long) drive from wherever you may be? Also, I spend as little time in Bozo as possible, and thus, don't have my finger on the pulse of that cesspool (thank goodness). Any place there that a Griz fan can get a good burger and beer without it being loogied (sp?) or otherwise spiked?

If you want a good burger with a pretty cool, laid back atmosphere check out the Korner Klub in Four Corners area of Bozeman. But if you go there, make sure you get an order of their famous "buffs". Their boneless wings are the best I've found. Usually plan on 8 to 10 oz per person. You'll leave happy.

Griz til I die said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
Griz til I die said:

Oops! That was a typo my bad. I meant to say that it should be behind the Griz bench. Sorry my bad.

HookedonGriz said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

If you want a good burger with a pretty cool, laid back atmosphere check out the Korner Klub in Four Corners area of Bozeman. But if you go there, make sure you get an order of their famous "buffs". Their boneless wings are the best I've found. Usually plan on 8 to 10 oz per person. You'll leave happy.

Thanks to you both for the help and recommendations...greatly appreciated! :thumb:

Went to a ‘Scat/NAU basketball game in Flag in 1999 (happened to be in town on business) with some friends all wearing Griz gear. Halfway through the 3rd quarter the student section, AT AN NAU GAME, started chanting ESG/GCG over and over. That happened to be the year we beat them 49-3 in the middle of the streak. We held up a sign that just said “49-3” and they shut up...

Fuck the ‘scats. I hope we beat them by 50.

I plan on being there. That said, anyone have any tickets in the lower sections? I am looking for four of them together. GA is available but would rather be a bit closer. I called the box office but it didn't sound like there was an actual visitor section that you can buy tickets for and they suggested that section 211 GA is the best option...

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

as long as you're not an idiot you should be fine anywhere. like any other town in the state...lol. remember, you actually have quite a few griz fans that actually LIVE in Bozeman! gasp! and they somehow manage to get through their days, driving their own cars, wearing griz gear, without getting spit on, swore at or beat up. ;)

if you're going to both games, specs and bridger brewery are nice because you can drink before the womens game, go back after and knock a few back before the mens without driving and fighting traffic. both will be packed but you'll have a ton of fellow griz at specs just like every year. and somehow, some way, they all seem to have a good time and I haven't seen a fistfight yet!

i'll be there with a crew and probably my sons. I promise we'll be nice. :thumb:

ilovethecats said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

as long as you're not an idiot you should be fine anywhere. like any other town in the state...lol. remember, you actually have quite a few griz fans that actually LIVE in Bozeman! gasp! and they somehow manage to get through their days, driving their own cars, wearing griz gear, without getting spit on, swore at or beat up. ;)

if you're going to both games, specs and bridger brewery are nice because you can drink before the womens game, go back after and knock a few back before the mens without driving and fighting traffic. both will be packed but you'll have a ton of fellow griz at specs just like every year. and somehow, some way, they all seem to have a good time and I haven't seen a fistfight yet!

i'll be there with a crew and probably my sons. I promise we'll be nice. :thumb:

:lol:

:thumb:

ilovethecats said:

Well said, ILTC, and thanks for the recommendations. I probably should've made more of an attempt to be light-hearted in my original post; wasn't actually concerned about being mistreated by scat fans (assuming I can avoid being a dick). In fact, find me before or after the game, and I'll happily buy you a beer. Easy to spot, as there typically aren't too many other dudes (or gals) with FTC permanently tattooed across their forehead!

Back