• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz sweep Sac State/Portland State

MissoulaCanucksFan

Lady Griz had two tough games at home against Sac State and Portland State and won both. Started out hot against the Hornets (who are known for their in your face defense for 40 minutes) and held as much as a 20-point lead at one point but the Hornets kept their sting just enough to keep the ladies from pulling away, but it wasn't enough as the Lady Griz held on for an 8-point win.

The win on Saturday against the Vikings was more impressive, especially the performance of Jace Henderson who recorded her second double-double (16 points, 13 rebounds) in as many games and McKenzie Johnston played all 40 minutes (her third time this season), scoring 17 points of her own. One bench player that really impressed me on Saturday was Emma Stockholm, who had 14 points in 18 minutes.

Big game in Bozeman coming up this weekend as they play at 2pm. Bobcats have played them tough in recent years so we should be in for a battle on Saturday.

MissoulaCanucksFan said:
Lady Griz had two tough games at home against Sac State and Portland State and won both. Started out hot against the Hornets (who are known for their in your face defense for 40 minutes) and held as much as a 20-point lead at one point but the Hornets kept their sting just enough to keep the ladies from pulling away, but it wasn't enough as the Lady Griz held on for an 8-point win.

The win on Saturday against the Vikings was more impressive, especially the performance of Jace Henderson who recorded her second double-double (16 points, 13 rebounds) in as many games and McKenzie Johnston played all 40 minutes (her third time this season), scoring 17 points of her own. One bench player that really impressed me on Saturday was Emma Stockholm, who had 14 points in 18 minutes.

Big game in Bozeman coming up this weekend as they play at 2pm. Bobcats have played them tough in recent years so we should be in for a battle on Saturday.
Two VERY impressive wins by the Ladies this past weekend. Time to make it three in a row. Pound those kitties!

I thought Sophia was a great 3-point shooter in high school. When gets a bit more comfortable, watch out.

717s7e said:
I thought Sophia was a great 3-point shooter in high school. When gets a bit more comfortable, watch out.

She flat out has the potential to be one of the all-time LG greats. She is so versatile and plays with a ton of confidence for a Freshman.

Back