• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ AT VIKINGS GAME THREAD

Jaredkuehn

A little early, but what the heck...let’s get this going. It looks like another short turnaround on the road for the Griz, with a 1:00 game time. What’s up with these early back-end road games?

I’m watching MSU struggle with PSU right now. I’m actually frustrated for the Cats.

PSU basically plays 40 minutes of full court street ball, and they are executing well tonight. They definitely force you to score in transition.

For the basketball minds out there, how do beat PSU’s unconventional style? There has to be a weakness there to exploit, but not many teams have figured it out.

How the heck did Sac St beat them?

This will undoubtedly be a tough game, but what a huge opportunity to make a statement and start to separate from the pack.

Go Griz!

Vikings were 14 of 32 from 3 point land against cats - and 4 of their big men were out sick tonight - hope they are still sick Saturday. Oh, FTC!

Jaredkuehn said:
A little early, but what the heck...let’s get this going. It looks like another short turnaround on the road for the Griz, with a 1:00 game time. What’s up with these early back-end road games?

I’m watching MSU struggle with PSU right now. I’m actually frustrated for the Cats.

PSU basically plays 40 minutes of full court street ball, and they are executing well tonight. They definitely force you to score in transition.

For the basketball minds out there, how do beat PSU’s unconventional style? There has to be a weakness there to exploit, but not many teams have figured it out.

How the heck did Sac St beat them?

This will undoubtedly be a tough game, but what a huge opportunity to make a statement and start to separate from the pack.

Go Griz!

Hello, Vik fan here (as some of you know me from AGS and CS.com). There is really no major dropoff from the starters to the reserves on the Viks team. Against the Cats tonight, I saw players who had to play because we were missing three key pieces (Hollins, Farris and Orme), and they all came up big. I mentioned on BobcatNation, if you don't have a dog in the fight, this Viking team is fun to watch. We call it "forty minutes of chaos".

We have struggled with teams that eschew the easy baskets that a team can get by breaking the press, teams that instead bring the ball out and run their offense for the full shot clock. Sac State, EWU, and Idaho all did just that and it threw our timing off. Butler did it to us in the PK 80 as well, and Duke went to that type of style late in the second half. Really the only team that beat us by matching our frenetic pace was Oregon. As I said, Duke was having trouble keeping up with us and finally Coach K slowed it up and we couldn't adjust.

I'm looking forward to this game. Your guys have come out ablazing. You probably should have beat Washington and you've been riding that momentum through the conference. I think this will be quite entertaining. I'm looking forward to a freshman matchup with your guy, Falls, and our guy, Woods, sometime during the game. That should be a good one.

Those of you coming out, drive safe, and we'll see you there.

Any other egrizzers or other Griz fans going to be at the game? LivingstonNative and myself plan to drive down from Seattle Saturday for the game. Likely will find some pub/microbrewery near L&C College for pregame brew/grub. Any PDXers have a good pub/microbrewery nearby they can recommend?

Hope to see a sizable group of GRIZNATION there.

GO GRIZ!

griz71 said:
Any other egrizzers or other Griz fans going to be at the game? LivingstonNative and myself plan to drive down from Seattle Saturday for the game. Likely will find some pub/microbrewery near L&C College for pregame brew/grub. Any PDXers have a good pub/microbrewery nearby they can recommend?

GO GRIZ!
I'll be there with my catz brother-in-law. Sitting in GA. Sorry, I can't help with a pub/restaurant recommendation near L&C.

I went to the game last night. Pretty good turnout. Viks pressed full-court the whole game. Catz never really got into their half-court offense; really limiting Hall. If we play the Viks the same way, its gonna be a track meet on Saturday.

BTW, you might want to give yourself a bit more time to get there as I-84 between I-205 and I-5 will be closed most of Saturday likely putting a lot more traffic on I-5 as folks work their way around the closure.

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
griz71 said:

GO GRIZ!
I'll be there with my catz brother-in-law. Sitting in GA. Sorry, I can't help with a pub/restaurant recommendation near L&C.

I went to the game last night. Pretty good turnout. Viks pressed full-court the whole game. Catz never really got into their half-court offense; really limiting Hall. If we play the Viks the same way, its gonna be a track meet on Saturday.

BTW, you might want to give yourself a bit more time to get there as I-84 between I-205 and I-5 will be closed most of Saturday likely putting a lot more traffic on I-5 as folks work their way around the closure.

Thanks for the tip Stein!

griz71 said:

GO GRIZ!

Not a great deal close to campus. Tyron Sports Bar is probably your best bet. There's a McMenamins in Hillsdale, just off Highway 10 on Sunset, I believe.

Go GRiZ!

EverettGriz said:
griz71 said:

GO GRIZ!

Not a great deal close to campus. Tyron Sports Bar is probably your best bet. There's a McMenamins in Hillsdale, just off Highway 10 on Sunset, I believe.

Go GRiZ!

Muchas Gracias Amigo!

Will be there with 5 other family & friends, all Griz fans! Do not know of any pubs near school ..sorry, but will find one after victory! Lets fill that gym, good amount of Griz fans at Sac,should be more here.

For me, this game is a huge measuring stick game for the GRIZ. If the GRIZ win or play well and lose a close one, I will feel as good about GRIZ basketball as I ever have under DeCuire. This is a tough road trip, against a team that plays fast and furious.

With that said, I have faith in Oguine, Rorie, Falls, and Pridgett. Their ball control abilities will take care of the ball well, and lead the GRIZ to victory.

I think defense will be the key in this game, get them out of their comfort zone. Rhythm is very important to a team that plays their style of basketball.

mtgrizrule said:
For me, this game is a huge measuring stick game for the GRIZ. If the GRIZ win or play well and lose a close one, I will feel as good about GRIZ basketball as I ever have under DeCuire. This is a tough road trip, against a team that plays fast and furious.

With that said, I have faith in Oguine, Rorie, Falls, and Pridgett. Their ball control abilities will take care of the ball well, and lead the GRIZ to victory.

“He’s not going to say ‘measuring stick’ in front of the children, is he?”

Bozo JrCollegeofAG said:
Noticed that Kalispell's Ryan Edwards is on Portland St. and he scored 11 points and had 6 rebounds against the Cats......

Noticed he has put on a few pounds since being with the Zags.

Back