• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Basketball Seats

cmtgrizzly

In the past when I have called for Bball tickets I am always told that seats on the lower level arent available though I am willing to pay more for them. Then I go to the game and half the lower sections are empty. How do you get tickets down there? Season tickets only, GSA?

If season tickets, the U should come up with a way to have the holders release the tickets for sale to people like me. Season ticket holder gets money back and UM still gets their money and people like me who live out of town can still get good tickets.

They reserve them until the first few weeks of the season are up. They are released eventually. If you call up on game day they will sell the lower level tickets that are available for sure. I have even bought some court side seats on game day, but that was a few years back.

We have a lot of loyal season ticket holders for both men and women's basketball. They have great seats in the lower section but attendance is sparse for many games, particularly in the early season and on week nights. Wouldn't it make sense for UM marketing to set up a program to entice people to check the schedule and turn in the seats they wont use to the athletic department? There would be a lot of options on how to use/disburse the tickets but we would have the seats filled and provide a lot more opportunities for people to see the game from that angle. Seems like a win-win situation.

cmtgrizzly said:
In the past when I have called for Bball tickets I am always told that seats on the lower level arent available though I am willing to pay more for them. Then I go to the game and half the lower sections are empty. How do you get tickets down there? Season tickets only, GSA?

If season tickets, the U should come up with a way to have the holders release the tickets for sale to people like me. Season ticket holder gets money back and UM still gets their money and people like me who live out of town can still get good tickets.

I conversed with an individual last year, around Christmas, who occupied seats near mine tht were usually empty. He said he was the season ticket holder of both seats, but since he no longer lived in Missoula rarely attended more than one game per year. He said he had no intention of giving up the seats, but indicated that he'd been unsuccessful in finding a method to "share" his tickets, though he had tried "numerous options," he said, without elaborating.

egriz, of course, does have a Griz Tickets function/forum. It might be worthwhile for someone looking for floor level tickets to post a "wanted" message. You might be able to secure a season's worth of tickets at a reasonable rate.

grizzlyjournal said:
cmtgrizzly said:

I conversed with an individual last year, around Christmas, who occupied seats near mine tht were usually empty. He said he was the season ticket holder of both seats, but since he no longer lived in Missoula rarely attended more than one game per year. He said he had no intention of giving up the seats, but indicated that he'd been unsuccessful in finding a method to "share" his tickets, though he had tried "numerous options," he said, without elaborating.

egriz, of course, does have a Griz Tickets function/forum. It might be worthwhile for someone looking for floor level tickets to post a "wanted" message. You might be able to secure a season's worth of tickets at a reasonable rate.

I have 4 season tiks in row 1. At a minimum, they are for me, each elbow and my coat. Sometimes others. I invite some egriz posters, on short notice, and they turn me down. GrizRule used them once, I think. CMT is welcome to PM me anytime. I have Lady Griz tiks too. I sometimes take or distribute to clients, but the interest is usually low.

PlayerRep said:
grizzlyjournal said:
cmtgrizzly said:

I have 4 season tiks in row 1. At a minimum, they are for me, each elbow and my coat. Sometimes others. I invite some egriz posters, on short notice, and they turn me down. GrizRule used them once, I think. CMT is welcome to PM me anytime. I have Lady Griz tiks too. I sometimes take or distribute to clients, but the interest is usually low.

Thanks for the info GJ and the offer PR! Will investigate more and see what is available. Still have to find games that work into our schedule (have 4 kids elemenary through high school) which can be challenging. Happy to buy your tickets for a game sometime if you arent using them PR. Will PM you if the opportunity presents itself. Thanks again!

lotsa said:
We have a lot of loyal season ticket holders for both men and women's basketball. They have great seats in the lower section but attendance is sparse for many games, particularly in the early season and on week nights. Wouldn't it make sense for UM marketing to set up a program to entice people to check the schedule and turn in the seats they wont use to the athletic department? There would be a lot of options on how to use/disburse the tickets but we would have the seats filled and provide a lot more opportunities for people to see the game from that angle. Seems like a win-win situation.

Since season tickets are so cheap, a lot of ppl buy season tickets but don't attend every game as mentioned. The option you bring up with never happen. The University doesn't want to re-purpose unused tickets. They want to sell their available tickets, so they can claim larger "attendance" numbers. They count all those season tickets in their official attendance, whether they are actually in attendance or not.

They do allow everyone to raid the good, unused seats after the 8 minute mark to try to increase fans courtside.

Come conference play, I will likely be needing tickets for the Thursday night games. Then again, work might change my schedule again, by then. PM me if anyone wants to work out something.

grizzlyjournal said:
cmtgrizzly said:

He ever heard of stubhub? :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
grizzlyjournal said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Yep. I've never needed StubHub to get good tickets for Montana football or basketball games. But, out of curiosity, I navigated to StubHub and Montana's upcoming home game next Sunday against Cal Northridge. ONLY EIGHT tickets available, it said. Price: $42.34 apiece.

Since I know that dozens (at a minimum) of season tickets will not be used Sunday, I return to my suggestion above. I'd guarantee anyone wanting tickets for next Sunday can get east or west floor level tickets by posting a "tickets wanted" message at Griz Tickets, or on this basketball forum. Most likely they'll be far less than the $42+ price on StubHub (which is the approximate price per ticket that GAA members pay for their full membership + season ticket). The actual face value of floor level tickets to Montana men's games is listed at $13. Many season ticket holders who aren't using a ticket next Sunday would probably be willing to give them to you via the Griz Tickets forum. But, AZGrizFan, you can use StubHub if you want.

grizzlyjournal said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizzlyjournal said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Yep. I've never needed StubHub to get good tickets for Montana football or basketball games. But, out of curiosity, I navigated to StubHub and Montana's upcoming home game next Sunday against Cal Northridge. ONLY EIGHT tickets available, it said. Price: $42.34 apiece.

Since I know that dozens (at a minimum) of season tickets will not be used Sunday, I return to my suggestion above. I'd guarantee anyone wanting tickets for next Sunday can get east or west floor level tickets by posting a "tickets wanted" message at Griz Tickets, or on this basketball forum. Most likely they'll be far less than the $42+ price on StubHub (which is the approximate price per ticket that GAA members pay for their full membership + season ticket). The actual face value of floor level tickets to Montana men's games is listed at $13. Many season ticket holders who aren't using a ticket next Sunday would probably be willing to give them to you via the Griz Tickets forum. But, AZGrizFan, you can use StubHub if you want.

So I called the Adams Center and inquired about season tickets and she told me the GSA membership was 420$ per seat + 178$ so basically 600$ per seat for MBB season tickets.

cmtgrizzly said:
grizzlyjournal said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizzlyjournal said:

So I called the Adams Center and inquired about season tickets and she told me the GSA membership was 420$ per seat + 178$ so basically 600$ per seat for MBB season tickets.

Yes. So, if you divide that sum by 15 (14 if you don't count the exhibition game), you get $40-plus per ticket. If you find open seats for single games, they're $13 on the east side... not certain about the price of the west level A seats.

grizzlyjournal said:
cmtgrizzly said:
grizzlyjournal said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yes. So, if you divide that sum by 15 (14 if you don't count the exhibition game), you get $40-plus per ticket. If you find open seats for single games, they're $13 on the east side... not certain about the price of the west level A seats.

Yep. I was in a hurry and didnt add that the price is the same for floor section (below the rail) and above the rail season ticket holders. I think Griz tix or buying single tickets possibly on the day of the game may be best. Thanks GJ!

mtgrizrule said:
Come conference play, I will likely be needing tickets for the Thursday night games. Then again, work might change my schedule again, by then. PM me if anyone wants to work out something.

You have the standing offer with me, and you know where the seats are. Have 2 extras tonight, as of now (haven't heard back from my buddy I called a bit ago).

cmtgrizzly said:
grizzlyjournal said:
cmtgrizzly said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Yep. I was in a hurry and didnt add that the price is the same for floor section (below the rail) and above the rail season ticket holders. I think Griz tix or buying single tickets possibly on the day of the game may be best. Thanks GJ!

I believe the Gold GSA membership only has to be paid once per year. So, if you already pay it for football tickets, then you're good for the year. Plus, the women's hoops tickets down low are only silver, I believe, so don't require gold. The expensive up top Canyon Club tickets don't require GSA membership, so Canyon Club ticket holders still have to become gold GSA members to get mens' hoops tickets down below. I think the suites/boxes used to get holders to the gold level, but perhaps that isn't accurate.

Back