• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

To Pepperdine: Los Angeles? Malibu?

grizzlyjournal

Stumbled onto a travel package I couldn't resist (rt flight from MSO to LA for $240), so I'm headed to Pepperdine to watch Montana's two guaranteed games in the Legends Classic.

Having never been to the area in my life... Any advice on lodging (a lot available, have to decide today), food? Day trips (best beaches) etc?

Looking forward, of course, to getting the opportunity to watch two extra Griz games this year.

grizzlyjournal said:
Stumbled onto a travel package I couldn't resist (rt flight from MSO to LA for $240), so I'm headed to Pepperdine to watch Montana's two guaranteed games in the Legends Classic.

Having never been to the area in my life... Any advice on lodging (a lot available, have to decide today), food? Day trips (best beaches) etc?

Looking forward, of course, to getting the opportunity to watch two extra Griz games this year.

Remember to give yourself a lot of time. The traffic is EXTREME from LAX to Malibu...try LYFT or Uber...for a good price, The M at Malibu, not too bad. As for restaurants, Tony's Taverna in the Malibu Center is terrific, not necessarily cheap, but lots of atmosphere, very Greek, popular with the Broad Beach colony...great Mexican place there, also..Pepperdine, itself, is high above Malibu so not that convenient to much. Avoid the tourist places like Gladstone's...weather in LA is great right now or so I'm told. I'm in Palm Springs..And, if you have the time and are able to make it, either of the Getty Museums is well worth the effort. In Malibu, by reservation which is easy, you can see the Getty Villa, and have lunch as it was in Rome, and in LA it is the Getty Center which is probably among the world's greatest cultural centers and they have cafes, and free concerts, mostly pop from across the world. The view is spectacular..from Pasadena to Catalina. For the quintessential LA, a trip to Canters, or Langers, or Art's Deli would be an experience but bring the credit card...Bagel Guy on Beverly across from CBS and Farmers' Market is also great...and cheap...lox and bagel just $5!

GrizLA said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Remember to give yourself a lot of time. The traffic is EXTREME from LAX to Malibu...try LYFT or Uber...for a good price, The M at Malibu, not too bad. As for restaurants, Tony's Taverna in the Malibu Center is terrific, not necessarily cheap, but lots of atmosphere, very Greek, popular with the Broad Beach colony...great Mexican place there, also..Pepperdine, itself, is high above Malibu so not that convenient to much. Avoid the tourist places like Gladstone's...weather in LA is great right now or so I'm told. I'm in Palm Springs..And, if you have the time and are able to make it, either of the Getty Museums is well worth the effort. In Malibu, by reservation which is easy, you can see the Getty Villa, and have lunch as it was in Rome, and in LA it is the Getty Center which is probably among the world's greatest cultural centers and they have cafes, and free concerts, mostly pop from across the world. The view is spectacular..from Pasadena to Catalina. For the quintessential LA, a trip to Canters, or Langers, or Art's Deli would be an experience but bring the credit card...Bagel Guy on Beverly across from CBS and Farmers' Market is also great...and cheap...lox and bagel just $5!

T :thumb: Thanks! That'll more than fill my agenda. Thanks for the traffic heads up.

grizzlyjournal said:

For eats, try Duke's in Malibu. Right on the ocean side of PCH, wonderful views, great atmosphere, amazing food!

Enjoy the trip!

GO GRIZ!!!!

While on the way to malibu you can lodge at Hyatt regency westlake california suite to view some of the best scenic beaches of Malibu. Also you can visit Boney mountain overlook in your two extra days and I must say you wont regret this scenic beauty of California. There are numerous of places to look for near malibu.

chris77777 said:
While on the way to malibu you can lodge at Hyatt regency westlake california suite to view some of the best scenic beaches of Malibu. Also you can visit Boney mountain overlook in your two extra days and I must say you wont regret this scenic beauty of California. There are numerous of places to look for near malibu.

Now why would you bring up a thread from 2 years ago giving advice on what to do for a trip that already happened quite a long time ago?

It was fun. I'd do it again if the Griz were to schedule a west-coast tourney like the MGM Resorts Main Event in Las Vegas (Nov. 24-26), The Wooden Legacy Invite in Anaheim (a biggie in late Nov.), or the Continental Tire Las Vegas Invite (another biggie... late Nov.). Air travel to Las Vegas and the L.A. area are usually pretty reasonable in late Nov. to early Dec.

TrueGriz said:
chris77777 said:

Now why would you bring up a thread from 2 years ago giving advice on what to do for a trip that already happened quite a long time ago?

Maybe he is still caught in traffic.

GrizLA said:
TrueGriz said:
chris77777 said:

Maybe he is still caught in traffic.

:lol:

Back