• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GOOD NEWS

Gaeilge1

Despite tough losses both tonight and last night it appears that Griz Basketball is once again on the rise! And that is indeed GOOD NEWS!! :clap:

Here's some more good news. In the NBA, the Celtics just won their 14th consecutive game, while at the same time they rank among the five WORST teams when it comes to offense. I thought immediately of our Griz, because while we have some serious shooting deficiencies, our defense so far has been superb.

citay said:
Here's some more good news. In the NBA, the Celtics just won their 14th consecutive game, while at the same time they rank among the five WORST teams when it comes to offense. I thought immediately of our Griz, because while we have some serious shooting deficiencies, our defense so far has been superb.

Although the griz don't have great shooters, as long as they are playing a team that doesn't have a true shot blocker Oguine can get to the rim at will.

Lots of heart and talent on this team but until they begin to make free throws and 3pt shots, they will not be anymore than the top 5 of the BSC. The games in Malibu should define what this year's Griz team actually is. Pitt was a great psychological boost but Penn State, not a top team in the Big 10 brought us back to earth. The Griz should win two at Pepperdine..

GrizLA said:
Lots of heart and talent on this team but until they begin to make free throws and 3pt shots, they will not be anymore than the top 5 of the BSC. The games in Malibu should define what this year's Griz team actually is. Pitt was a great psychological boost but Penn State, not a top team in the Big 10 brought us back to earth. The Griz should win two at Pepperdine..

Decuires teams have never been good at shooting, unfortunately.

griznative24 said:
GrizLA said:

Hey, if you don't have anything nice to say about somebody, go sit next to griznative24!

griznative24 said:
GrizLA said:

there is a certain amount of truth in that. Decuire is an excitable and emotional coach and I think that is picked up by the players who feel the pressure from the Bench as well as from the other teams. The best coaches I've seen are the calm and collected who save their outbursts for times it is effectively directed and the officials who know what coach screams and which don't and give the benefit of the doubt to the calmer one. But, that is his style and UM wins or loses with it. But, free throws are free points and UM is not hitting them as they should. This week should give everyone a better idea of where UM is among the middle of the middle majors.

citay said:
griznative24 said:
GrizLA said:

Hey, if you don't have anything nice to say about somebody, go sit next to griznative24!

I like this team, and I like Decuire, but am I wrong? Also, when else have I criticized Decuire?

Back