• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Just a small win!!

keena52

Wow great game tonight :thumb: This was just a 0-1 Power Five team at their place. Don't get me wrong I was dancing and yelling in the Man Cave tonight... Proud of the boys, they have to get used to this being the norm? Best part, they already think they can beat almost anyone, and it is great, but we have Penn St, Stanford, UCLA, and Wash left! Great Win Griz, now step it up another notch.. GO GRIZ :clap:

With the backcourt combo of Oguine and Rorie, don't be surprised if the GRIZ pull off more upsets . Those boys are damn good.

This team looked the part on the court. Not sure where Pitt is picked to finish in the ACC but if you did not know Montana was a Big Sky team you could not tell the difference. Fast, athletic...just need to his our FT!

I tend to always get excited about these kids, but I truly think there is something here now, and especially next year?

No doubt the GRIZ had the equal if not better athletes AND players on the court. And confidence can be a wonderful thing!

AllWeatherFan said:
Michael Oguine is the real deal. Enjoy, Griz fans.

His basketball awareness and skills are finally catching up to his athleticism. I hope he can find his game consistently. His 1st 2 years, he relied a lot on just being a stud athlete.

Calm your tits, everyone. This Pitt team has a losing record. I don't care if 50% of it is due to us beating them. There were a lot of things I saw, none of which I can articulate coherently, that signify doom for the athletic department (because they won't return my calls like they did when my buddies were in charge).

--Football Board

Oguine scores career-high 29, Montana stuns Pitt 83-78
" . . . deja vu for Montana coach Travis DeCuire was unmistakable. On the road. Against a Power Five conference school. His team leading late.

The Grizzlies have been here before. Many times actually. And when guard Michael Oguine's potential game-winning jumper at the end of regulation rolled out and Pittsburgh chased down the rebound to force overtime, DeCuire wondered if another shot at a signature victory was slipping away. ''Yeah, it was 'Here we go again,''' DeCuire said. ''But (the message) was 'Let's make it happen. Let's go find a way to win the game.'' And they did. Ahmaad Rorie scored six of his 17 points in the extra period, Oguine finished with a career-high 29 and the Grizzlies ended a 14-game losing streak to a Power Five conference team with an 83-78 victory. ''The guys grew up tonight,'' DeCuire said.

Montana last beat a Power Five school when it knocked off Oregon State in 2010. A series of near misses followed, including competitive losses to N.C. State, Southern California and Mississippi last season.
This time, the Grizzlies found a way. Montana's trap forced Pitt into 19 turnovers the Grizzlies converted into 30 points on the other end of the floor and Oguine and Rorie got to the rim repeatedly while beating Pitt defenders off the dribble. ''I feel like maybe they weren't expecting me to drive as much as I was,'' Oguine said. ''They had their guard down, I tried to take a couple of dribbles and get them off balance.''

Shamiel Stevenson led Pitt (0-2) with 19 points. Ryan Luther finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds but missed a corner jumper with 27 seconds to play that could have given the Panthers the lead.

The ACC teams play each other on a regular basis which contributes to the ACC being the best basketball conference in the USA. All ACC teams are good to great and for Montana to beat Pitt is an amazing win. Congratulations to our coach and players!!

Back