• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hidden Scrimmage

flatheadgriz406 said:
Did any stats come out from the scrimmage last Sunday? Heard we won and played really well. Just curious.

I asked a simple question last week...who did we play? Stats would be even better :D

kyle_sample said:
They played Seattle. I haven't seen any stats

Seattle? Come on coach...how about Wazzu or Gonzaga? Maybe Oregon State? I mean there is a connection there.

AZDoc said:
kyle_sample said:

Seattle? Come on coach...how about Wazzu or Gonzaga? Maybe Oregon State? I mean there is a connection there.

Seattle is coached by former EWU coach Jim Hayford? so that is the "connection" Travis and UM has and utilized. I don't think Gonzaga (and to a lesser extent Oregon State) has any desire to EVER play the Griz home or away again, just like Boise in football. Gonzaga thinks they are too good for us now, even though UM continued to schedule them after they left our conference when we had the far-more prominent program for most of that time. Just like Hauck and Joe Glenn would never play against the Griz in football after they moved to D1, GU and Tinkle's OSU have too much to lose, and nothing to gain by playing Montana.

Zirg said:
AZDoc said:
kyle_sample said:

Seattle is coached by former EWU coach Jim Hayford? so that is the "connection" Travis and UM has and utilized. I don't think Gonzaga (and to a lesser extent Oregon State) has any desire to EVER play the Griz home or away again, just like Boise in football. Gonzaga thinks they are too good for us now, even though UM continued to schedule them after they left our conference when we had the far-more prominent program for most of that time. Just like Hauck and Joe Glenn would never play against the Griz in football after they moved to D1, GU and Tinkle's OSU have too much to lose, and nothing to gain by playing Montana.

I would think it wouldn’t matter much for a secret scrimmage

AZDoc said:
Zirg said:
AZDoc said:
kyle_sample said:

True, it shouldn't matter, but all the more proof that Gonzaga wants nothing to do with Montana ever again. I truly don't think the 2 teams will ever play again in my lifetime and I think I got, at least, 10 more years left. I'd love to be wrong, but until Mark Few is gone, it ain't happening and I think Few is very content in Spo-Kant.

Zirg said:
AZDoc said:
Zirg said:
AZDoc said:

True, it shouldn't matter, but all the more proof that Gonzaga wants nothing to do with Montana ever again. I truly don't think the 2 teams will ever play again in my lifetime and I think I got, at least, 10 more years left. I'd love to be wrong, but until Mark Few is gone, it ain't happening and I think Few is very content in Spo-Kant.

I'm not privy...or maybe I forgot...but why is that?

Back