• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hellgate soph Worster (2020) commits to Griz

grizzlyjournal

A bit of an add-on to Kyle Sample's tweet from yesterday (in the 2018 recruiting thread) regarding sophomore hoops phenom, Rollie Worster, of Missoula Hellgate. I guess I'll update my MCHS activities pass & go watch a few games this winter!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FrankGogola/status/922250703350804480[/tweet]

I feel like this is a really exciting commit for a few reasons. One he is from MT. We can't have enough Montana kids on the team. When was the last time we had a Montana point guard at Missoula? It has definitely been a while. He's a big strong kid, he had a great summer on the AAU circuit playing up a year on the Idaho Select team. It will be fun to have a recruit to watch here in the valley especially against the Anderson kid from Bozeman. For Rollie's sake having the next 3 years of the Griz coaching staff at your disposal will be a huge bonus for him.

Rollie is a year older than most HS sophomores. His parents home-schooled him for a second year of 8th grade to give him more maturity entering Hellgate.

I watch Rollie shoot often in the Missoula Peak. He has a nice stroke. I compare his stroke to Tim Aldridge who was as good as I've seen. (Whoops, there I go, dating myself!)

maroonandsilver said:
I watch Rollie shoot often in the Missoula Peak. He has a nice stroke. I compare his stroke to Tim Aldridge who was as good as I've seen. (Whoops, there I go, dating myself!)

Do you mean Tim Aldrich? How old ARE you?

citay said:
maroonandsilver said:

I remember Tim Aldrich. Early 60s, a very good Silvertip point guard. That's dating me as well!

citay said:
maroonandsilver said:

72----MCHS Class of '63. UM Class of '67. I'm old enuf to remember watching them put up the huge wood beams during construction of the Adams Center. And my Dad says I saw Bob Cope play in Schrieber Gym (but I don't remember that).

maroonandsilver said:
citay said:
maroonandsilver said:

72----MCHS Class of '63. UM Class of '67. I'm old enuf to remember watching them put up the huge wood beams during construction of the Adams Center. And my Dad says I saw Bob Cope play in Schrieber Gym (but I don't remember that).

You are a true Silvertip, no question!

If Worster is the best Travis can do, Griz hoops will never compete with Gonzaga, like Travis has mentioned.

westsider said:
If Worster is the best Travis can do, Griz hoops will never compete with Gonzaga, like Travis has mentioned.
That's a helluva judgement to make given Worster is just entering his sophomore year of high school! :roll:

I think there is a difference between “commit” and “offer.” The article doesn’t mention offer. I would say he has a lot of upside considering his output as a freshman.

westsider said:

What?! So, all of a sudden Travis hasn't recruited all those other guys he's gotten?

flatheadedgriz said:
Little update on Tootell and Nuanez
[media]https://twitter.com/1029ESPN/status/1090054707442274306[/media]

Rollie did great on the show! It's intimidating, I'm sure, to be in studio, on radio and TV statewide. He is VERY excited and honored to be a Griz.

Back