• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

And Alycia Sims Is Now Done

grizpack

eGriz Club
DONOR
Bill Speltz just reported that "Lady Griz senior post Alycia (Sims) Harris will not play this season because of nagging knee issues. @406mtsports"

This just sucks for both girls.

Dude... good luck to both of them. What a start to Shannon's career, hope she can find some positives in all this.

The start to this year has just been one crazy unbelievably bad run of bad karma. Talk about character building challenges for all coaches and players. Hmmmm. I believe, however, Shannon and staff and the whole team will rise from this and show true Lady Griz moxie and spirit.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Damn. Might be a tough year again for the Ladies - will be interesting to see how much they continue to grow this year.

They had a solid finish to last year. Perhaps now middle of the pack. Let's hope for continued good recruiting

AZDoc said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
Damn. Might be a tough year again for the Ladies - will be interesting to see how much they continue to grow this year.

They had a solid finish to last year. Perhaps now middle of the pack. Let's hope for continued good recruiting

I agree - would be great to see them continue to build on that solid finish.

Jesus, I had to check to make sure this wasn't a post from 2016. Tough luck for the Lady Griz. The silver lining is that they are going to have some battle tested juniors and seniors coming down the pipe in a year or two.

Lady Griz will be better this year. All the freshman are one year older and more experienced. If they improve like they did the latter part of the year, I think they will surprise a lot of people.

Plus, there is plenty of time for everybody's roles to be set before the season instead of during the season and nobody has to panic like they did last year.

I feel badly for Valley and Sims. I wish them full recovery.

I agree fully with TrueGriz. I'm not a bit worried about this young Lady Griz team. They learned toughness through a lot of hard knocks last season. They'll be more than ok. There'll be opportunity for a several young players to contribute. Guard rotation is solid, but there should be some competition in the frontcourt for minutes.

AZDoc said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

I'm hoping that last year's experience (without those two) will continue to pay dividends, as it appeared to towards the end of the season. I don't think we'll see another debacle like last year's start...

AZGrizFan said:
AZDoc said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

I'm hoping that last year's experience (without those two) will continue to pay dividends, as it appeared to towards the end of the season. I don't think we'll see another debacle like last year's start...

That is the key! They will have confidence to make the plays. I think it's too much to ask a very young bunch to win the conference, not that they couldn't, but as fans I'd rather have a pleasant surprise than putting too much pressure on them. Next season (man gets old talking about basketball this way) I see a very high finish.

AZGrizFan said:
AZDoc said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:

I bet Shannon feels like she has two black eyes. Sorry, couldn't help myself. :mrgreen:

Back