• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coaches: Idaho "Heavy Favorites" in Big Sky

grizzlyjournal

The Big Sky Conference released the combined Big Sky Coaches and media pre-season polls, both of which tab the Idaho Vandals as the favorite to win the 2017-18 title. The only team on which there was much divergence is Northern Colorado... picked 4th by coaches and 7th by the media. I'm a bit surprised that Montana State didn't get more favorable notice... and not a bit surprised that there were some votes for Montana to win it.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BigSkyConf/status/918923498881290240[/tweet]

LowellVandal said:
Whoever wins will be seeded #16 in the NCAA tournament

In the past 20 years the Big Sky has received the 16 seed only 3 times. As long as one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the Big Sky wins the tournament they probably wont be a 16. It could happen of course if the Big Sky has a bad year, but a 13, 14 or 15 is more the norm for the Big Sky lately.

Potomac Griz said:
LowellVandal said:
Whoever wins will be seeded #16 in the NCAA tournament

In the past 20 years the Big Sky has received the 16 seed only 3 times. As long as one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the Big Sky wins the tournament they probably wont be a 16. It could happen of course if the Big Sky has a bad year, but a 13, 14 or 15 is more the norm for the Big Sky lately.

Reality is a bitch for some posters, ain't it? :lol: But Vandal stated it with such CONVICTION!!!

Are we supposed to be scared of their basketball team or is that football only? asking for a third grader.

Mavman said:
Are we supposed to be scared of their basketball team or is that football only? asking for a third grader.

Yes, I'd also like clarification on this. Hard to be scared from august-november, but if you add in the added fear time through march, that's being scared for roughly 8 months. That'll take a toll on ya...and I'll need prep time for that!

AZDoc said:
Mavman said:

Yes, I'd also like clarification on this. Hard to be scared from august-november, but if you add in the added fear time through march, that's being scared for roughly 8 months. That'll take a toll on ya...and I'll need prep time for that!

We will need potato guns I fear. :eek:

Back