• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Breaking News....

citygriz

....Read All About It!!
....Lead story on GoGriz:

The Griz BB team will be playing the Costa Rican National Team this summer! Extra practice times, great chance for the players to bond. A once-every-four-years opportunity!

You heard it on GoGriz!

Results, player and coaches feedback....nope.

The 2017-18 Basketball Schedule! Read all about it on GoGriz!

(Just kiddin'. No stories in three weeks now. No schedule either. The motto for Griz basketball: Ho-Hum.)

Just read the MSU schedule..not overly demanding, by any measure. They should have a great year. UM remains a mystery. Still wondering how UM lost to a Laurentian, who lost the remainder of their games. If you want excitement in a program, eliminate those losses, even if they are in Costa Rica.

Talking about poor scheduling updates on GoGriz, the men's and women's tennis teams schedule still ain't up and they start play in about three weeks. Hope atleast they know where and when they'll be playin'.

marooncoloredglasses said:
GrizLA, seek counseling. I'm sure there's some sports(fan) psychologist out there and summer is usually the slow months.

Nope, don't need counseling, but admittedly get depressed knowing that UM lost to a Canadian team that lost by 55 to Western Ky...I think that is reason enough. But, you are right. Football season is among us in South Carolina and excitement is in the air, also, winning basketball at USC is being credited for a large increase in freshman enrollment. Can you even imagine a university that expects to win every game? Women or men. Would love to see that at Montana...

GrizLA said:
GrizLA, seek counseling. I'm sure there's some sports(fan) psychologist out there and summer is usually the slow months.

Nope, don't need counseling, but admittedly get depressed knowing that UM lost to a Canadian team that lost by 55 to Western Ky...I think that is reason enough. But, you are right. Football season is among us in South Carolina and excitement is in the air, also, winning basketball at USC is being credited for a large increase in freshman enrollment. Can you even imagine a university that expects to win every game? Women or men. Would love to see that at Montana...
WKU played the Canadian team twice down there. The first game was 103 - 98.

It's weird. On Monday morning I was thinking about the Laurentian game, and all of a sudden the skies turned dark.

#gloomanddoom

I think it is important to remember that Travis was playing everyone who was healthy enough to play. I suspect a regular season approach to this game would have produced a far different outcome.

GrizWhiz said:
I think it is important to remember that Travis was playing everyone who was healthy enough to play. I suspect a regular season approach to this game would have produced a far different outcome.

Absolutely correct, GrizWhiz! This was a time for a Griz team with significant roster change to get used to playing with each other. Any conclusions about this team to the contrary are premature.

Citay I'm with you on the lack of coverage. Pretty sad overall. What can we as fans do to help the situation? I don't know, but something needs to change.
LA, I am usually with you on your basketball posts. this one, not as much. I think there were so many factors, most we don't even know about, that contributed to the, perhaps, lackluster play. Maybe some was coach, some kids, some injury, some just lack of knowledge on how things go. Whatever it is, the kids had a great experience in a different country, that many of them may never get to do again. Was a time to get to know teammates better, do some service, and see how truly lucky they are to live where they live. I think as the scrimmages unfold, exhibition games start, and the leaked "practice games" are played, we will get a better idea of how this Griz team will perform. Much like the QB situation for football, let's enjoy it playing out before judging. I think your biggest issue may be hoping that this is the season things turn around and the Griz become more relevant at a higher stage. Let it happen...I think the team is in for some good things this year!

GrizLA said:

You can literally feel this poor character pouting every time the vicarious thrills he feels entitled to don’t materialize … a strange form of passive-aggressive pouting. Then, he takes his ball and goes home … unfortunately he recovers and brings it back with the tear stains wiped away. I don’t think the Griz are worthy of him … he needs to pick a new team with a spotless record.

AllWeatherFan said:
It's weird. On Monday morning I was thinking about the Laurentian game, and all of a sudden the skies turned dark.

#gloomanddoom

Yes, I, too, experienced what could only be called a total eclipse of the heart.

AllWeatherFan said:

#gloomanddoom

This will explain the entire event for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsgWUq0fdKk

Back