• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Brian Qvale & EWE Baskets in German title hunt

grizzlyjournal

Montana Grizzly great, Brian Qvale, has had a stellar season for his Oldenburbg, Germany pro team, EWE Baskets... a season that just got extended with a semifinal series win over Ulm in the German Eurohoops playoffs. Here's a twitter link (with a great photo of Qvale) to a short story on the win.

There's also some news out about Martin Breunig, who had a good season with Ludwigsberg this past year. Seems he was picked up by one of Germany's major teams, Telekom Baskets Bonn. Not much specific info, though.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/quartzglen/status/870410325480292352[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TelekomBaskets/status/869949261408083972[/tweet]

How did Breunig not get a look from the NBA? I'm by no means an expert but with his size and athleticism he certainly looks the part. Am I just being overly optimistic because he wore Maroon and Silver?

Either way congrats to both! Love seeing Griz in any professional league.

griznative24 said:
How did Breunig not get a look from the NBA? I'm by no means an expert but with his size and athleticism he certainly looks the part. Am I just being overly optimistic because he wore Maroon and Silver?

He would be a small forward, maybe power forward in the NBA. He would need to improve his ball handling and 3 pt shot to make the league. Physically and athletically, he certainly belongs. I'd love to see him and Qvale both get a shot. I honestly feel that Qvale is better than some centers in the NBA.

Great stuff on Two former Griz! The biggest surprises for me were that Ulm fielded a competitive basketball program and had the financial support to travel and play in Europe.

mtgrizrule said:
griznative24 said:

He would be a small forward, maybe power forward in the NBA. He would need to improve his ball handling and 3 pt shot to make the league. Physically and athletically, he certainly belongs. I'd love to see him and Qvale both get a shot. I honestly feel that Qvale is better than some centers in the NBA.
Brian very much agrees with you... So do I

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back