• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Softball Facility

84GRIZ

DONOR
FYI, the Board of Regents vote today on a $675K proposal to add permanent seating, restrooms, press box and concession stand to the Griz Softball facility. Per Kent, the funds have already been raised by the Athletic Department.

I'd say the timing is perfect, given Montana's recent NCAA appearance -- and considerable national exposure -- to put this before the Board of Regents.

84GRIZ said:
FYI, the Board of Regents vote today on a $675K proposal to add permanent seating, restrooms, press box and concession stand to the Griz Softball facility. Per Kent, the funds have already been raised by the Athletic Department.

The project was approved by the Regents. Now we can focus on making the indoor practice facility a reality.

Dynamite!... Having seen other softball venues on TV during the playoffs it's more than appropriate to upgrade facilities for this rapidly rising program.

Awesome! I was thinking during the conference tourney how the athletic department really needed to keep the momentum rolling with the softball team.

Anyone know if it's going to look like the original sketches (ie. include seating over the dugouts/bullpens and have multiple sections between the dugouts)?
SB-4.jpg

I really liked Weber State's design between the dugouts (one solid, continuous section with the press box centered at the top).
softball%20aerial-5.jpg

softball%20aerial-2.jpg

softball%20field.jpg

:idea: One other thing that would be a nice touch and add safety for the athletes would be to put the same type of padding behind home plate out on the outfield fence. The fence ended McGill's season and another opposing player (from ISU or SUU, I don't remember) hit it pretty hard and got hurt from it. Maybe even emboss it with the Griz glare logo a la the Washington Huskies.
ff9d5bbad2720eb7e68b5b8fb5252c48.jpg

cropped-uw-2016-17-softball-325.jpg

The single curved grandstand design of the Weber park is superior to and a lot cleaner than that choppy rendering of the Griz stands.

AJ from the Missoulian posted a picture on Twitter a few days ago. It is different than the one posted in this thread. I hope it is the one posted this past week. Smoother looking and more "stadium" like

logchain20 said:
AJ from the Missoulian posted a picture on Twitter a few days ago. It is different than the one posted in this thread. I hope it is the one posted this past week. Smoother looking and more "stadium" like

...so, give us a look...

The school also said they will keep the temporary bleachers and move them to the outfield foul lines.

Back