• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pet Peeve Eliminated

citygriz

In what may be an all-time record, the men's basketball roster for the 2017-18 season has now been posted. Thank you, somebody! God is in the details.

citay said:
In what may be an all-time record, the men's basketball roster for the 2017-18 season has now been posted. Thank you, somebody! God is in the details.
Now if we can just get the Lady Griz roster I will be happy!

citay said:

Where? I looked at schedules, Go Griz etc? Where is the new schedule posted?

GrizLA said:
citay said:

I thought he said rosters, if not mistaken. Like in: http://www.gogriz.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball I don't think he mentioned anything about schedules. Not just yet, at any rate.

Below, listed very roughly by position, is the 2017-18 Montana roster. The roster at GoGriz listed nine (9) guards, three forwards and two centers.

For me, though, it's too early to group players by position. With a minor exception (Sayeed Pridgett at point) I grouped players by their skills (Ahmaad Rorie is obviously a point guard) and then size (hence my grouping of the taller guards into the wing position.

However I look at this roster, I've tried to imagine several potential starting lineups (whew), what hits me first is size and depth. I believe this: there's going to be a hell of fight for playing time at the shooting guard and wing positions.

POINT GUARDS
14 Ahmaad Rorie Jr G 6-1
4 Sayeed Pridgett So G 6-5
10 Lars Espe Fr. G 6-1

SHOOTING GUARDS
0 Michael Oguine Jr G 6-2
1 Timmy Falls Fr. G 6-2
15 Trever Spoja So G 6-3

WINGS/ SMALL FORWARD
24 Bobby Moorehead Jr G 6-7
41 Donaven Dorsey Jr G 6-7
3 Niko Bevens So G 6-6

POWER FORWARD
20 Fabijan Krslovic Sr F 6-8
12 Jamar Akoh Jr F 6-8
5 Karl Nicholas Fr F 6-7

CENTER
33 Kelby Kramer Fr C 6-10
40 Admir Besovic Fr C 7-0

ANNOUNCED WALK ON
XX Peter Jones Fr F 6-8

WyomingGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
citay said:

I thought he said rosters, if not mistaken. Like in: http://www.gogriz.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball I don't think he mentioned anything about schedules. Not just yet, at any rate.

OOOPs..got ahead of myself...

citay said:

you saw God in the details ? :?

grizzlyjournal said:
Below, listed very roughly by position, is the 2017-18 Montana roster. The roster at GoGriz listed nine (9) guards, three forwards and two centers.

For me, though, it's too early to group players by position. With a minor exception (Sayeed Pridgett at point) I grouped players by their skills (Ahmaad Rorie is obviously a point guard) and then size (hence my grouping of the taller guards into the wing position.

However I look at this roster, I've tried to imagine several potential starting lineups (whew), what hits me first is size and depth. I believe this: there's going to be a hell of fight for playing time at the shooting guard and wing positions.

POINT GUARDS
14 Ahmaad Rorie Jr G 6-1
10 Lars Espe Fr. G 6-1

SHOOTING GUARDS
1 Timmy Falls Fr. G 6-2
15 Trever Spoja So G 6-3

WINGS/ SMALL FORWARD
3 Niko Bevens So G 6-6

POWER FORWARD
12 Jamar Akoh Jr F 6-8
5 Karl Nicholas Fr F 6-7

CENTER

ANNOUNCED WALK ON
XX Peter Jones Fr F 6-8

Niko Bevens might move up that wing/small forward list if he can play some defense. I saw him play a few games at NIC last year and he can shoot the lights out.

debellatio said:
grizzlyjournal said:

POINT GUARDS
14 Ahmaad Rorie Jr G 6-1
10 Lars Espe Fr. G 6-1

SHOOTING GUARDS
1 Timmy Falls Fr. G 6-2
15 Trever Spoja So G 6-3

WINGS/ SMALL FORWARD
3 Niko Bevens So G 6-6

POWER FORWARD
12 Jamar Akoh Jr F 6-8
5 Karl Nicholas Fr F 6-7

CENTER

ANNOUNCED WALK ON
XX Peter Jones Fr F 6-8

Niko Bevens might move up that wing/small forward list if he can play some defense. I saw him play a few games at NIC last year and he can shoot the lights out.

Keep in mind, Montana will play "positionless basketball". That's been the goal for a long time. Get guys who are versatile offensively and defensively. Besovic and Espe are pretty much the only guys who will stick to a position, everybody else will likely slide up and down the "position" chart

Back