• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

EverettGriz

DONOR
A HUGE congratulations to the GRIZ Softball team for winning the bsc title and a trip to the DANCE!!

Way to go Ladies!!!!!! Griz Nation is damn proud!!

EverettGriz said:
A HUGE congratulations to the GRIZ Softball team for winning the bsc title and a trip to the DANCE!!

Way to go Ladies!!!!!! Griz Nation is damn proud!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations MONTANA GRIZZLIES. No doubt about this one. Hood named MVP. All Conference: Bethany Olea, Delene Colburn, Sydney Stites (along with Hood).

grizzlyjournal said:
Congratulations MONTANA GRIZZLIES. No doubt about this one. Hood named MVP. All Conference: Bethany Olea, Delene Colburn, Sydney Stites (along with Hood).

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

In dominating fashion. 2-0 against the host and reigning con champions. The ladies have officially arrived and will be great for a long time.

I just don't know if you can overstate this: it's freakin incredible what Coach Pinkerton and these Ladies have accomplished in just their 3rd year of existence. Remarkable.

3 years ago, almost all these young ladies were true freshman, just scrambling to win a few games. Great work by the ladies, Coach Pinks, and his staff!

Amazing accomplishment by this team & coach Pinkerton!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES_SB/status/863514114735452162[/tweet]

grizzlyjournal said:
Amazing accomplishment by this team & coach Pinkerton!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES_SB/status/863514114735452162[/tweet]
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Watched both games today - glad there wasn't a third! What a thrill to be going to the NCAA's in just their third year! Mighty fine job Lady Griz - the GRIZ family is over-the-top proud!

Paytonlives said:
Beat webs 4 out of 5 in Utah

I don't have the numbers or feel like looking them up but I want to say I heard WSU was something like 32 or 36-2 over the last two years at home leading in to last week. The Griz were 4-1 the last two weeks against them. That is seriously incredible!

Final pitch of the game (below).

Sixteen hits by Montana; every Griz position player got a hit in this game. The bottom half of the lineup was the catalyst for Montana's 7-run fourth inning.

Stellar defensive play throughout, including a heads-up play by Colburn (I believe) to catch a WSU baserunner in a rundown in a situation that could have gotten out of control. Catcher Madison Saacke got a timely throw to second in the fifth inning (Colburn on the tag) on an attempted WSU steal of second.

As dominant as Hood was over three games, pitching depth is important for championships. And Colleen Driscoll slammed the door in the 7th! Incredible team effort in the championship game.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES_SB/status/863511545518489600[/tweet]

Only one senior on the roster; Griz softball should compete well next year and beyond. Congratulations ladies!!!

EverettGriz said:
I just don't know if you can overstate this: it's freakin incredible what Coach Pinkerton and these Ladies have accomplished in just their 3rd year of existence. Remarkable.

He did sortof the same thing in Tulsa several years ago. They were perennial losers and in his 2nd year they had their first winning season and havnt looked back. Today they are the 24th ranked team in the country.

Back