• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Softball Thread in Basketball Section

It's not like the forum is inundated with hoops news at the moment. Plus, the softball team is having a remarkable season! :thumb:

GrizWhiz said:
It's not like the forum is inundated with hoops news at the moment. Plus, the softball team is having a remarkable season! :thumb:

True - but would make much more sense for egriz to make up a softball section though!

eGriz doesn't even have a separate section for women's basketball, a program with history, tradition and an ample fan base. Should they sue under Title Nine? I mean, if you're going to have equality in scholarships, facilities and coaching staffs, doesn't it make sense to have equality in promotion as well?

griz71 said:
Title 9 on egriz....man Chris REALLY has his hands full now!

I really don't see it this way. By my casual observation over the past couple of years, it's obvious that Montana fans -- in ALL sports -- support their teams at a very high level. I'd be interested in comparing the total number of admission-paying fans at all major events (FB, MBB, WBB, VB, Soccer, SB and track) against the other schools in the Big Sky. Then compare those figures against all other Big Sky schools.

The first thing that'd be noted is that several schools don't charge admission for some sports. But for those that do, I'd wager that Montana is far and away the leader in total admissions. Montanans are very supportive of all their teams. (And, if I might beat a nearly dead horse, might also make for a compelling argument to consider Montana for a move to a larger conference!).

Someone care to prove me wrong?

griz71 said:
Title 9 on egriz....man Chris REALLY has his hands full now!

I feel bad for the guy, Steve. I recently saw a picture of Chris in the May edition of Italian Vogue. He was caught on film getting off of his yacht in Monaco with his most recent Spanish model girlfriend. He was wearing a full-length fur coat and a pair of Elton John's 1977 touring glasses. At the base of the gangplank, he was shown punching a member of the paparazzi. Since he started including the ads on E-griz, I hear the money, fame and cocaine have went straight to his head.

Elton-John-Square-Glasses.jpg

The actual glasses Chris recently purchased at a Christie's Auction for a reported £80,0000.

Back