• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Espe commits to Griz

Needs to put a little weight on but seems to have a good feel for the game. Will be fun to watch him and T Falls run the backcourt together in a few years.

flatheadgriz406 said:
Needs to put a little weight on but seems to have a good feel for the game. Will be fun to watch him and T Falls run the backcourt together in a few years.
He's thicker than oguine and Bobbie, they do ok. Been playing in Norway's elite pro league with grown men. Physically, he's ready to play.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well the bobcats got Harold Frey from the same place and he became the big sky freshman of the year. Travis made the statement and I think there's a lot to it that these young men are playing with adults and seasoned veterans so they can come in and contribute right away and looks good doing it

HookedonGriz said:
Well the bobcats got Harold Frey from the same place and he became the big sky freshman of the year. Travis made the statement and I think there's a lot to it that these young men are playing with adults and seasoned veterans so they can come in and contribute right away and looks good doing it
Well said

He's exactly what we need going into next year to complete our backcourt depth. I was hoping we would get lucky with a grad transfer but this is way better! One more big would be nice. I'm all for holding onto the last scholarship for next years class.

casewinter13 said:
flatheadgriz406 said:
He's thicker than oguine and Bobbie, they do ok. Been playing in Norway's elite pro league with grown men. Physically, he's ready to play.

i'm a little confused. A few years ago when a kid from Turkey signed with West Virginia (Deniz Kilicli), he was forced to sit out several games due to the fact that he played on the same team as paid players (one of whom was Enes Kanter if i remember correctly). So is this league a true pro league where guys are making money? Maybe i have my facts wrong but i thought that's how it played out...

This is a kid mslacat thought they had locked up in Bozeman. Nice to steal a great player out from under their nose..

flatheadgriz406 said:
He's exactly what we need going into next year to complete our backcourt depth. I was hoping we would get lucky with a grad transfer but this is way better! One more big would be nice. I'm all for holding onto the last scholarship for next years class.
This is just a thought and a huge if.....but if Ryan Edwards were to transfer to the Griz for his last year (he is immediately eligible), the Griz would still have two schollies available for the 2018-2019 season. So far, he has not announced an intention to transfer. However, it seems a no risk proposition for the Griz when compared to simply not filling the remaining 2017-2018 schollie. Either way, they still have two schollies remaining for the 2018-2019 season. Of course, this thought would apply to any transfer who is immediately eligible with only one season of eligibility remaining. :thumb:

GrizWhiz said:
flatheadgriz406 said:
This is just a thought and a huge if.....but if Ryan Edwards were to transfer to the Griz for his last year (he is immediately eligible), the Griz would still have two schollies available for the 2018-2019 season. So far, he has not announced an intention to transfer. However, it seems a no risk proposition for the Griz when compared to simply not filling the remaining 2017-2018 schollie. Either way, they still have two schollies remaining for the 2018-2019 season. Of course, this thought would apply to any transfer who is immediately eligible with only one season of eligibility remaining. :thumb:

Montana is not interested in Ryan Edwards

kyle_sample said:
GrizWhiz said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

A lot of people have said this. Is it a skill thing or a fit thing? Or his interest thing? I know many fans wanted him to be a Griz when he signed with the Bulldogs.

kyle_sample said:
GrizWhiz said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

I wonder if they are looking at any transfers with immediate eligibility. :?

GrizWhiz said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

Tinkle never wanted him. Decure does not want him. He is big, fat and slow. He never gets off the bench at Gonzaga when anything is left on the line. No, Nay, Never no more!

AZDoc said:
kyle_sample said:
GrizWhiz said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

A lot of people have said this. Is it a skill thing or a fit thing? Or his interest thing? I know many fans wanted him to be a Griz when he signed with the Bulldogs.

They have their eyes elsewhere and that spot could be filled before the week is out

kyle_sample said:
AZDoc said:
kyle_sample said:
GrizWhiz said:

They have their eyes elsewhere and that spot could be filled before the week is out

Appreciate it. Figured you'd know something.

Well as Kyle just has broke the news that we have a commitment from a 7' Admir Besovic. A skilled big man who can score. Not sure on his athleticism though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back