• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz softball moves into first place

grizzlyjournal

Montana frosh ace fireballer Michaela Hood notched an important win win today as Montana took a 2-1 series victory over Sac State in Sacramento. The Griz, at 6-3, are 1/2 game ahead of Weber State in a very tight Big Sky conference race. Montana edged the Hornets with two 3-2 wins today. Hood went the distance in the final game, while Colleen Driscoll pitched a masterful 6.1 innings for the win in the first game before Maddy Stensby finished off the Hornets for the final two outs of the final frame. Montana's bats were pretty hot through the 3-game series (24 hits in three games), though they stranded quite a few runners in the first and last game.

Congrats Griz!

http://www.gogriz.com/boxscore.aspx?path=softball&id=2335

http://www.gogriz.com/boxscore.aspx?path=softball&id=2336

This was a big weekend for the girls. I know Sac St has been struggling despite being picked 2nd in the preseason poll but Sacramento is never an easy place to play and they always field a competitive team. For us to take 2 of 3 and out hit them the way we did was big. If everyone didn't know about Michaela yet, they need to get with the program. She's the real deal.

alabamagrizzly said:
This was a big weekend for the girls. I know Sac St has been struggling despite being picked 2nd in the preseason poll but Sacramento is never an easy place to play and they always field a competitive team. For us to take 2 of 3 and out hit them the way we did was big. If everyone didn't know about Michaela yet, they need to get with the program. She's the real deal.

I looked just Friday to check up on them. Forgot they played yesterday, but thanks for the update.

Silvertip said:
Did the girls show up on Big Sky TV? I didn't see that any of their Sacto games were scheduled.

Evidently the Sac State Sports Information site did not provide a video stream. I checked numerous times, settling instead to follow their live stats.

grizzlyjournal said:
Silvertip said:
Did the girls show up on Big Sky TV? I didn't see that any of their Sacto games were scheduled.

Evidently the Sac State Sports Information site did not provide a video stream. I checked numerous times, settling instead to follow their live stats.
I thought this was odd. With the long history of softball there and the success they have, I'd expect somebody to be able to mount a stationary camera on a tripod and plug it in. Heck, that's all we had the first half of last year. Montana's live coverage has really stepped up this year. I was pretty impressed compared to last year.

Latest posts

Back