• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Karl Nicholas photos from his local paper - he was league MVP

616s6e

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/pearland/sports/article/Basketball-Dawson-s-Nicholas-named-MVP-of-9704524.php

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/pearland/sports/article/Boys-basketball-Foul-plagued-Dawson-falls-to-10976957.php

Someone referred to Karl as mysterious - I think the mystery will be solved when you see him jump.

2 newspaper photos and a blurb that he was an MVP of some sort. In today's world of tweets and hudls and highlights and star rankings ***, I think he remains a little mysterious.

But he's one of our "bigs coming in next year"......and apparently can jump!

6A is the highest classification in Texas High School Basketball. Nicholas was also named All Region. I'd say those are pretty good credentials. :thumb:

Looks like he's also participating in an All Star game featuring the top 20 HS Basketball players from the Houston area in a few days. Lots of Texas, Texas A&M, TCU and other big program recruits are playing in that game. Here is an article about it along with a video clip.

Here are some of the other players playing in the game:

Jay Jay Chandler (3.5 Stars, Texas A&M)
Savion Flagg (3.7 stars, Texas A&M)
Maxwell Evans (3 Stars, Vanderbilt)
Tramon Mark (Texas A&M & TCU Offers) - 2020 recruit
Quinn Slazinski ( offers from Texas A&M, TCU, OK State, Georgia Tech, etc) - 2019 recruit
Kendric Davis - 4 Stars, 2018 recruit, committed to TCU.
Royce Hamm - 3.7 Stars - Committed to Texas
Darius McNeil - 3 or 4 star - Committed to Iowa State (many other offers)
Jase Febres - 4 Star - Committed to Texas - Many big offers
Jacobi Gordon - 4 star, 2018 recruit, offers from Oregon, TCU, Iowa state, etc

There are photos of the guy....guess the mystery is solved. This time last year we were licking our chops over Alphonso Anderson with all kinds of highlights and commentary on how big time he was. That didn't seem to workout!

I'm surprised by how little info there is on this recruit. And the 2017/2018 recruiting thread doesn't show one guy I'd heard had verbally committed (Bevens) and another guy I've never heard of (Guinn) being a verbal commitment.

Lots of news surrounding our men's bball team right now but Egrizzers don't seem to have it up to date. I'm going to miss what Samuelson was going to do for the Griz the next 3 years. My rumor on him is not having fun playing but planning to stay in school at UM. Two players leave under the radar and both sound to have been having issues with the coach. Looks like no Montana kid going to play for the Griz next year....but wait until you see the bigs we're going to have!

Mousegriz said:
There are photos of the guy....guess the mystery is solved. This time last year we were licking our chops over Alphonso Anderson with all kinds of highlights and commentary on how big time he was. That didn't seem to workout!

I'm surprised by how little info there is on this recruit. And the 2017/2018 recruiting thread doesn't show one guy I'd heard had verbally committed (Bevens) and another guy I've never heard of (Guinn) being a verbal commitment.

Lots of news surrounding our men's bball team right now but Egrizzers don't seem to have it up to date. I'm going to miss what Samuelson was going to do for the Griz the next 3 years. My rumor on him is not having fun playing but planning to stay in school at UM. Two players leave under the radar and both sound to have been having issues with the coach. Looks like no Montana kid going to play for the Griz next year....but wait until you see the bigs we're going to have!

Whiner McWhine Face.

Mousegriz said:

I don't know what your point is but I'll ask you this. As far as the excitement surrounding Nicholas, yes none of us know how it will turn out but, can you remind me of a Griz big recruit that looked like Nicholas physically and athletically? I'll wait...

MtTarheel said:
Mousegriz said:

I don't know what your point is but I'll ask you this. As far as the excitement surrounding Nicholas, yes none of us know how it will turn out but, can you remind me of a Griz big recruit that looked like Nicholas physically and athletically? I'll wait...
Part of my point is that I don't recall seeing video of Nicholas and the mention of a guy named Guinn as a verbal recruit is a surprise. I hope Nicholas proves to be another Jake Wiley. He was pretty impressive last year.

Mousegriz said:
MtTarheel said:
Mousegriz said:

Part of my point is that I don't recall seeing video of Nicholas and the mention of a guy named Guinn as a verbal recruit is a surprise. I hope Nicholas proves to be another Jake Wiley. He was pretty impressive last year.

There's video on YouTube. Level of competition is suspect but his size, athleticism and movement skills are very impressive. Guinn committed months ago and it was discussed on here.

This event is set for Saturday. Wonder if it'll be streamed?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShowcaseHou/status/849739927491407872[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShowcaseHou/status/850016880664481792[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShowcaseHou/status/844227616462835719[/tweet]

Mousegriz said:

Samuelson's mother said he was transferring to another school to continue playing ball.

Mousegriz said:

Maybe this is why you should subscribe to Skyline. Guinn committed (http://skylinesportsmt.com/griz-hoops-finish-2017-class/) and took a year off basketball to let his back completely heal. He'll go to a prep school and be reclassified as a 2019 freshman

Thanks for the updates. Will be interesting to see where Samuelson decides to transfer but am confused with the whole deal regardless. He contributed this year and was on course to become a significant player down the road.

And if it's whining so be it...but Montana Grizzly basketball with no Montana kids getting any time is kind of sad for some fans and pretty sure it's unprecedented.

Mousegriz said:
And if it's whining so be it...but Montana Grizzly basketball with no Montana kids getting any time is kind of sad for some fans and pretty sure it's unprecedented.

It happened during the 2012-2013 season under Tinkle too. There are not many D1 level basketball recruits in Montana. I'm sure DeCuire will go after players from Montana that are D1 talent and that fit the system he's put in place here.

Back