• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Poor Jon Samuelson

citygriz

The father of two outstanding women's basketball players, Karlie Samuelson with Stanford, and Katie Samuelson with UConn, Jon hopped furiously from airport to airport during the tournament to catch the games of each of his daughters, only to see them all reunited at the Final Four in Dallas, as Stanford faced South Carolina in one semi, and UConn went up against Mississippi State in the other final. You might well have imaged UConn and Stanford in the championship game. I'm sure he did.

Instead, Karlie twists her ankle in the first half, and returns only briefly and ineffectively, as Stanford blows a halftime lead and loses to South Carolina, while Katie and her UConn team are upset by Mississippi State in the other semi. So instead of watching a championship game involving both his daughters, he is....well, back to the airport, with only this consolation: Frequent flier miles.

Two daughters to the Final Four is hardly something to feel bad about.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

coyote said:
Two daughters to the Final Four is hardly something to feel bad about.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

But, having them both lose has got to be tough.

Back