• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

CHAMPIONSHIP!

IdaGriz01

Okay, I admit I was bored. ;) :) :lol:

FWIW, Wyoming just won the CBI Championship. The CBI decides their championship with a best-of-three series between the teams that make it thru the prelims. The Cowboys won 83-59, 81-57, after losing by 10 at the opponent's home floor.

The opponent? Coastal Carolina, a Sun Belt BBall "powerhouse" that finished 15-16 in the regular season, and 16-17 after the conference tournament. One of their wins was against Methodist University (D-III), while another was against Piedmont International University (D-II). But give them credit ... they went on a run in the CBI (beat Hampton, Loyola, MD and Illinois-Chicago) to get into the finals against Wyoming. But the two games at Wyoming were not even as close as the lopsided final scores ... the Cowboys cleared their bench with 5-8 minutes to go.

Just to give equal time, St. Peter's won the CIT over TAMCC. Looked in once in awhile ... maybe one really talented player on the floor (losing team, might play overseas).

Could have gone into OT, but -- as is all too common -- call favoring offensive player allowed a final winning foul shot. Even in multiple replays, it did not look like the offensive player really cared about his shot. He jumped into the defensive player ... at an off angle, not towards the basket. Smart move. He might get called for the charge (unlikely), but that would just turn the ball over, and lead into OT (less than a second left). But they almost always call the defender, even when the the O player initiates the contact ... and, of course, they did. He made the first free throw, missed the second (probably deliberately to kill any clock left). Game over. Did not give an ish-tay about either team, but that kind of crap drives me crazy.

Back