• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

7-1 GONZAGA CENTER AVAILABLE?

LakGriz

Ryan Edwards, a 7-1 junior who is a Gonzaga reserve center from Kalispepll Glacier, will be graduating this spring with a year of eligability and isn't surewhat he's going to do, according to a Daily Interlake story by Joseph Terry.

Edwards saw some action as a pure freshman in 2013-14. He redshirted the next year and played 270 minutes in2015-16 when 7-1 Karnowsky was put for surgery and scored a high of 10 points.

This season Karnowski is back along with 2 highly recruited frosh, 7-0 Zach Collins and 6-10 Tillie and Ryan's time is down to 48 minutes. There also is a 6-11 frosh redshirt Jacob Larson.

Depending on whether Few wants Ryan back his options seem to be ... ind anither school and be eligible right away, seek foreighn or not play-- either going to work or grad schoo

Could the Griz use a 7-1 Montana kid while the 6-10 WY kid redshirts?

Absolutely. I've always thought that the griz should have at least one 7 footer on the team every year. I just feel that when players are that tall, there pretty valuable, no matter how good they are.

LakGriz said:
Ryan Edwards, a 7-1 junior who is a Gonzaga reserve center from Kalispepll Glacier, will be graduating this spring with a year of eligability and isn't surewhat he's going to do, according to a Daily Interlake story by Joseph Terry.

Edwards saw some action as a pure freshman in 2013-14. He redshirted the next year and played 270 minutes in2015-16 when 7-1 Karnowsky was put for surgery and scored a high of 10 points.

This season Karnowski is back along with 2 highly recruited frosh, 7-0 Zach Collins and 6-10 Tillie and Ryan's time is down to 48 minutes. There also is a 6-11 frosh redshirt Jacob Larson.

Depending on whether Few wants Ryan back his options seem to be ... ind anither school and be eligible right away, seek foreighn or not play-- either going to work or grad schoo

Could the Griz use a 7-1 Montana kid while the 6-10 WY kid redshirts?

No, absolutely not.

What is the rule on transferring after graduation? Do they have to show that the school they transfer to has a grad school program that wasn't available at the former school?

If he wants to play somewhere, I think that he can afford a year of college after getting scholarshipped for four years. I would think that he would consider staying at Gonzaga just for the fun of being around the program at its peak for one more year.

I hear that he is a good kid and wish him the best - it will be interesting to see what he does - he is a Montana kid and nobody has bad mouthed him on this forum. I would assume that there are a number of mid-major programs that would have a scholarship available and would like a rim protector to help them for one year, particularly if they have an up and coming young player who would benefit from a year's practice with someone like Edwards.

Lindsay Joy @SWXLindsayJoy
9m
.@ZagMBB C Ryan Edwards won't return to GU for his redshirt senior year. Plans to graduate with broadcasting degree & start working

Colter Nuanez should have sweetened the deal and brought him on a Skyline Sports, I would have equated this to the Tony Romo situation.

Back