• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Signee Kelby Kramer -- Highlights

grizzlyjournal

Here's a link to this past season's highlights for Griz signee, Kelby Kramer, whose Rock Springs, Wyoming team placed second in the top H. S. level.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KreatureKelb/status/846200345885782016[/tweet]

There is a lot to like about Kelby and his potential. Admittedly he wasn't playing against players that were consistently above 6'6". What he shows though a pretty impressive base of skills. He is 6' 10" or better and has good length. He is a good shot blocker in that he is not a "swatter" as he usually goes straight up and should not draw fouls because of the follow through of his arms on blocked shots. He has a jump hook with both hands. His footwork appears to be good. He appears to be an above average 2 foot jumper. It appears that he has a nice looking shot in the 10' range and I don't know what it is like beyond that. I didn't see any free throws in this film, and would like to know his percentage from the foul line, however if I remember correctly from the film at the time he was signed he appeared to have a nice touch from the line. In short he reminds me a lot of Quale (not quite as thick at this time but has a body that could carry more weight as he gets stronger) and that is meant as a real compliment. I think he has more offensive skills at this point in his career than Quale had. He also appears to have put on more weight and strength since he signed. All in all as you can tell I like his potential. I am sure after a redshirt year combined with practicing daily against bigger and stronger players he could develop to be something special for the Griz if he has the heart and desire to be the best he can be. I am very excited about his future.

I agree he needs the redshirt year. I like a lot of what he has, but needs work. He's actually blocked out quite a bit, but gets the rebound over the much shorter player. He also brings the ball down some when making his move. Easy fixes I think. As was said above, let him practice against some college bigs for a year, and I think there's a keeper there.

Back