• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rorie, Oguine named to All-Big Sky team

grizzlyjournal

Montana sophomores Ahmaad Rorie and Michael Oguine were named to the Big Sky All Conference team for 2016-17. Lady Griz were shut out this year. Here's the link:

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2017/3/6/MBB_0306175634.aspx

HookedonGriz said:
Oguine should have been defensive player of the year, too.
I'm not so sure. It was one of those years where four or five guys all had solid arguments (including Oquine), but with no clear-cut best. Hell, Wiley, who won MVP had a damn good argument to be taking home the DPOY award, too.

I still can't believe both of these guys are only sophomores. Throw in Sayeed (fr) and Bobby (so) and we have some fun hoops to watch the next few years as they all gel together.

HookedonGriz said:

He was not nominated. Fabijan Krslovic was. I believe if Oguine would've been nominated, he would've been the pick. I know at least three coaches who told me on the record they would vote for him.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
HookedonGriz said:

He was not nominated. Fabijan Krslovic was. I believe if Oguine would've been nominated, he would've been the pick. I know at least three coaches who told me on the record they would vote for him.

Very interesting. Thanks for the info. Does that mean Decuire didn't nominate him or was that up to someone else? If Decuire, what the hell was he thinking.

Back