• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nicholas

WaGriz4life said:
Weird. I was told on this board that he wasn't leaving because he is best friends with Timmy Falls. Because Timmy Falls is completely happy with his role and playing time also.
yeah, saw them in the ,mall last week super cool guys! no one is really sure why he's leaving yet but maybe he'll change his mind?

Mattdragon said:
WaGriz4life said:
Weird. I was told on this board that he wasn't leaving because he is best friends with Timmy Falls. Because Timmy Falls is completely happy with his role and playing time also.
yeah, saw them in the ,mall last week super cool guys! no one is really sure why he's leaving yet but maybe he'll change his mind?

Nope he made it official and is gone. Sounds like he may hit a community college close to home so he can jump right back into D-1 without sitting out.

HookedonGriz said:
Mattdragon said:
WaGriz4life said:

Nope he made it official and is gone. Sounds like he may hit a community college close to home so he can jump right back into D-1 without sitting out.

You could tell he was frustrated out there. Wasn’t getting much playing time. Best of luck Karl! Seems like a good kid!

rocklobster said:
HookedonGriz said:
Mattdragon said:
WaGriz4life said:

You could tell he was frustrated out there. Wasn’t getting much playing time. Best of luck Karl! Seems like a good kid!

It was frustrating to us fans as well. Talented athletic kid, slowly getting more and more playing time, and seemingly rounding into a player we could count on in the playoffs and the Big Dance. Then--nothing. The spigot just shut off. Not even a cameo appearance in garbage time.

Last year, Rorie and one other player were benched for a game, doing penance in street clothes. After that, problem solved, apparently. If there were "family" issues, I wonder why that wasn't tried with Nicholas. Having a talented player just bolt the program seems an extreme remedy on both sides.

citay said:
rocklobster said:
HookedonGriz said:
Mattdragon said:

It was frustrating to us fans as well. Talented athletic kid, slowly getting more and more playing time, and seemingly rounding into a player we could count on in the playoffs and the Big Dance. Then--nothing. The spigot just shut off. Not even a cameo appearance in garbage time.

Last year, Rorie and one other player were benched for a game, doing penance in street clothes. After that, problem solved, apparently. If there were "family" issues, I wonder why that wasn't tried with Nicholas. Having a talented player just bolt the program seems an extreme remedy on both sides.

He and Timmy were both benched for a game pre-conference. Timmy got the message, Karl apparently not.

maroonandsilver said:
citay said:
rocklobster said:
HookedonGriz said:

He and Timmy were both benched for a game pre-conference. Timmy got the message, Karl apparently not.

Yep I'm getting the feeling Karl was a lot larger cancer than any of us realize, and if that's the case don't let the door hit you on the way out. I noticed Sayeed was the only one who tweeted or commented on Karl's announcement...that my friends tells me everything I need to know

Another reflection of Travis’ vision. Let us all guess but Coach D. sees who he needs to move the program forward and who doesn’t fit. Karl looks like he was lucky to be given this opportunity but his actions show he’s figured out that he might not be able to handle what was asked of him. So down the road he goes. Bye Bye

It is often the expectation for players to contribute right away as true freshman. It used to be where many of those players red shirted and didn't develop into the rotation till their sophomore year. TD seems pretty old school, and that might be difficult for these kids who are very talented but not yet polished enough to execute a strict system. TD is really doing things the right way and requires certain types of players that fill certain roles. Unfortunately KN didn't fit and hopefully he finds a good opportunity elsewhere. Hopefully we can replace him with a player who does fit and is willing to buy into the program and what TD is building.

Sam A. Blitz said:
It is often the expectation for players to contribute right away as true freshman. It used to be where many of those players red shirted and didn't develop into the rotation till their sophomore year. TD seems pretty old school, and that might be difficult for these kids who are very talented but not yet polished enough to execute a strict system. TD is really doing things the right way and requires certain types of players that fill certain roles. Unfortunately KN didn't fit and hopefully he finds a good opportunity elsewhere. Hopefully we can replace him with a player who does fit and is willing to buy into the program and what TD is building.

:thumb:

GoldenEagle said:
PeauxRouge said:
GoldenEagle said:
Wow, five players leaving the program. I'm glad the EAGS players like and respect Shantay Legans.

Who's the fifth?

Nicholas, Espe, Beven, Besovic and Rorie decalring for the draft.

The first 3 you mentioned left because they'll never see the floor with who the Griz have returning.....I'll take that "problem" (as you try to make it) any day. Means the Griz are about to dominate again. Nicholas and his skills and abilities will be missed but if he was bad news in the locker room then that's okay too.

There goes golden shower, whistling past the graveyard again.

It's okay gs, no shame in getting blown out in the first round of the CBI.

EverettGriz said:
There goes golden shower, whistling past the graveyard again.

It's okay gs, no shame in getting blown out in the first round of the CBI.

...after getting blown out in the championship game of the BSC... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Credit where it's due however. Shower was correct about one thing: The Griz DID in fact run into a difficult part of their schedule.

Of course, it was to the national runner-up.

EverettGriz said:
Credit where it's due however. Shower was correct about one thing: The Griz DID in fact run into a difficult part of their schedule.

I agree with you princess. The griz played decent against an uninspired Michigan team. At least they didn't embarrass the BSC as they did against Syracuse and Wisconsin.

GoldenEagle said:
EverettGriz said:

I agree with you princess. The griz played decent against an uninspired Michigan team. At least they didn't embarrass the BSC as they did against Syracuse and Wisconsin.

You guys got blown out 87-65 against Utah Valley State in the CBI's first round. Just wanted to remind you of that. The Griz gave Michigan (who should have been a 2 seed) a better game than you gave Utah Valley State...and yet here you are trying to talk smack on eGriz :lol:

Back