• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next year

AZGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
since the steals and turnovers favored the Griz, that is leading to my point that they outplayed Michigan but failed to score when they were getting those breaks but not due so much to Michigan as rushing the shots. I believe Montana did the same against Sac.St, and a couple of other games. This was not a loss to a better team. This was just another loss at the wrong time.

Oh on that we agree. That game was Montana's to win. Better guard play, better defense...but for a couple baskets that had gone in, we wouldn't have had to resort to desperation fouling with 2 minutes to go.

Yup...and Montana outrebounded them, as well.

GrizLA said:
AZGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
since the steals and turnovers favored the Griz, that is leading to my point that they outplayed Michigan but failed to score when they were getting those breaks but not due so much to Michigan as rushing the shots. I believe Montana did the same against Sac.St, and a couple of other games. This was not a loss to a better team. This was just another loss at the wrong time.

Oh on that we agree. That game was Montana's to win. Better guard play, better defense...but for a couple baskets that had gone in, we wouldn't have had to resort to desperation fouling with 2 minutes to go.

Nope....36-33 in favor of Michigan. We did grab more OFFENSIVE rebounds (8-5), which is kind of strange given the height differential...although not so strange given that we took 9 more shots than they did.

AZGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
AZGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:

Nope....36-33 in favor of Michigan. We did grab more OFFENSIVE rebounds (8-5), which is kind of strange given the height differential...although not so strange given that we took 9 more shots than they did.

guess,I have to get some new glasses and a hearing aid...I still think UM can do pretty well among the "big time" players. I'd love it if the could schedule So Car. in Columbia. That would be quite a matchup.

GrizLA said:
AZGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
AZGrizFan said:

guess,I have to get some new glasses and a hearing aid...I still think UM can do pretty well among the "big time" players. I'd love it if the could schedule So Car. in Columbia. That would be quite a matchup.

It's hell to get old, man. Just yesterday I was put on high blood pressure meds. FML.

AZGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
AZGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:

It's hell to get old, man. Just yesterday I was put on high blood pressure meds. FML.

Try beet juice

AZGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:
AZGrizFan said:
GrizLA said:

Igave those up when I reached 65. Then, I decided to enjoy life and I never pass a BBQ joint in Carolina on a personal quest for the perfect fried chicken, bbq pork, sweet potatoes, hash, and banana pudding. getting fat keeps the wrinkles away. My Calif doc says he recommends statins but I don't see the point. BP meds are like a bad movie...seems they never end once they start. Getting older is a blessing. I can see how age and life experiences really do enrich an open mind.

citay said:
So many wild cards for next year:

--Will Dorsey play?
--Will Mack Anderson contribute as a true freshman, as TFalls did this year?
--How much will Kelby Kramer contribute as a redshirt frosh?
--How much improvement will we see from Nicholas, Falls and others who return from this year's eight-man rotation?
--How much from the bench players we didn't see, especially Espe?

If all those turn out to be positives, next year's team will be off-the-charts Montana good.

Then: Our success this year comes just in time for a bonanza recruiting year, five scholarships open for the 2019 high school class. Other programs are already getting verbals from this class, so let the rumor mill begin. That in itself should be a fun ride.

I think Mack Anderson is going to redshirt and should. He still has a ways to go with development. He was a bit of late bloomer so I think a redshirt year would do wonders for him. I don't think we need him next year either with the front court we have especially with Kramer and Peter Jones coming off redshirt. Peter Jones could be a interesting front court player at the four position if he develops a shot because he's 6' 8" and very athletic. I think he could provide depth and some minutes where we won't need Anderson.

I think Niko Bevens becoming a contributor as a outside threat would really help. Dorsey and him were supposed to be those guys this year. He was kind of a disappointment. If he can't get on the court not sure if it justifies that scholarship when we could likely could get a guy in recruiting on the transfer market that might be able to do that. He will need to improve this offseason.

Can someone please explain to me why Dorsey had to sit a year after transferring from UW? His go Griz bio (copied below) essentially says he had to sit out because of transfer rules, but I thought a kid could play right away if he “dropped down.”

2016-17 (Redshirt): Transferred to Montana after playing two seasons at Washington… Redshirted during his first season in Missoula due to NCAA transfer regulations.

garizzalies said:
Can someone please explain to me why Dorsey had to sit a year after transferring from UW? His go Griz bio (copied below) essentially says he had to sit out because of transfer rules, but I thought a kid could play right away if he “dropped down.”

2016-17 (Redshirt): Transferred to Montana after playing two seasons at Washington… Redshirted during his first season in Missoula due to NCAA transfer regulations.

There is no BCS vs. FCS in basketball. D-1 is D-1 so it technically wasn't a "drop-down" transfer.

Thanks, TJ. That would’ve been my guess but was not sure.

So he’s got 1 year to play one year, unless he gets a med rs, and then he’d have two to play two, right?

Back