• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Soccer Coach Fired...

HookedonGriz

DONOR
And Haslam has egg on his face IMO for making this sound like a resignation as opposed to a firing. Seriously call it what it is. And I figured if dealt with "football" so I put it here :)

http://missoulian.com/news/local/um-women-s-soccer-coach-fired-after-texts-to-vegas/article_00330f39-ef73-5629-b3a0-5efb9c90f507.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

On one hand I credit Haslam for protecting the coach’s reputation, on the other though, the Missoulian did a decent job digging this up. An unfortunate turn of events. What ever happened to what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?

He had to go after this. Probably should have happened sooner it sounds like. Some days it seems like NOTHING goes right for our University....smh.

What a douche.....good riddance....and good job to Missoulian for digging and not "buying" the Haslam spin

Real bad look trying to cover it up. If he would have been open and transparent from the start its probably handled okay. I'd say its a fireable offense. That athletic department has been way too paranoid about controlling the narrative the last couple years and now look its a huge backfire.

HookedonGriz said:
And Haslam has egg on his face IMO for making this sound like a resignation as opposed to a firing. Seriously call it what it is. And I figured if dealt with "football" so I put it here :)

http://missoulian.com/news/local/um-women-s-soccer-coach-fired-after-texts-to-vegas/article_00330f39-ef73-5629-b3a0-5efb9c90f507.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

agreed. That little bit about this problem surfacing during a Title IX discussion with female athletes, who were concerned about texting. -- The AD at a university with a major title IX issue in its immediate past should not be trying to spin this the way Haslam did.

Soccer coach....... this is Griz football and the FCS board. Relevance ? The one site that is read? :roll:

Disgusting attempt at cover up by Haslam and the U. Seriously, texting hooker sites with an official U of M phone while on official U of M recruiting trips is "circumstantial" evidence of firing behavior? What a disgrace!!

Plainsman said:
Disgusting attempt at cover up by Haslam and the U. Seriously, texting hooker sites with an official U of M phone while on official U of M recruiting trips is "circumstantial" evidence of firing behavior? What a disgrace!!

Cover up? They fired him, didn’t they?

alabamagrizzly said:
On one hand I credit Haslam for protecting the coach’s reputation, on the other though, the Missoulian did a decent job digging this up. An unfortunate turn of events. What ever happened to what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?

IT stayed in vegas. Unfortunately for him, his phone didn’t. :D

Evidently fired him, but spun it as a mutual decision. Only reason I can assume they did it was to avoid having ex coach pull a Kramer and sue for harming reputation. I understand somewhat, but not handled correctly if my perception of the time line of events is correct.

AZGrizFan said:
Plainsman said:

It was my reading of the initial story put out by the U that he "resigned". Nothing there about his wildly inappropriate use of U property or wildly inappropriate behavior while on official U trips. These little nuggets only came out in the subsequent story dug up by the Missoulian. Am I wrong?

Plainsman said:
AZGrizFan said:
Plainsman said:

It was my reading of the initial story put out by the U that he "resigned". Nothing there about his wildly inappropriate use of U property or wildly inappropriate behavior while on official U trips. These little nuggets only came out in the subsequent story dug up by the Missoulian. Am I wrong?

No you're spot on and in our UM climate, that is disgraceful. The article is eye opening. Haslam would have been much better off saying here is why we fired him. Not basically helping make it look like it was a resignation with no other details.

Plainsman said:
AZGrizFan said:
Plainsman said:

Huh. I have less issue with his “wildly inappropriate use of U property” than I do his ACTUAL wildly inappropriate behavior towards members of his soccer team. And I agree, Haslam’s lamne attempt to spin it that he was trying to “save his reputation” is bullshit....with the behavior that’s confirmed by multiple team members his reputation does NOT need to be saved. He done fucked that up all on his own.

AZGrizFan said:
Plainsman said:
AZGrizFan said:
Plainsman said:

Huh. I have less issue with his “wildly inappropriate use of U property” than I do his ACTUAL wildly inappropriate behavior towards members of his soccer team. And I agree, Haslam’s lamne attempt to spin it that he was trying to “save his reputation” is bullshit....with the behavior that’s confirmed by multiple team members his reputation does NOT need to be saved. He done f***[*] that up all on his own.
I wholeheartedly agree with you regarding his actions toward the team-he should have been fired for that reason as well, but his clearcut misuse of U property and time, from a legal standpoint, should have given the U rock solid, sue-proof grounds for firing and it is reprehensible that he wasn't openly fired and at least called out for these action.

Back