• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JUST NEEDED TO SAY I TOLD YA SO

kevraid

Look it up on THIS site I said That Kennesaw State would be the next Appalachain state. Now they are not quite that good yet BUT in thier 3rd year of exixtence they Are Already winning a road playoff game advancing to the ELITE 8. Looking forward to Our Mighty GRIZ matching up with Kennesaw State in many future National title games

kevraid said:
...Looking forward to Our Mighty GRIZ matching up with Kennesaw State in many future National title games

God I hope not - we don't have a bunch of success against the teams that run the triple option. :|

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
kevraid said:
...Looking forward to Our Mighty GRIZ matching up with Kennesaw State in many future National title games

God I hope not - we don't have a bunch of success against the teams that run the triple option. :|

AS LONG AS THE QB ISNT A FUTURE MLB PLAYER GRIZ WILL BE FINE

As usual Our Allatoona Bucs opened with 3 super tough non conference teams and we went 1-2. Now remember the playoffs are set up by conference games only and we cross with another region that is already determined. Sothese non conference games have nothing to do with playoff seedings.

Right off the bat we play CLEMSON QB COMMIT and #2 HS QB in the nation Trevor Lawrence. We were 7-7 through 1 abd down 21-7 half and lost 35-14. Pretty good performance seeing we were very young and this HS is a recruiting machine. Allatoona does not recruit. Later I will show you about 100 players div1 and nfl players that Alllatoona has faced over the years. A hard fought win of a solid Alexander team 22-12 showed glimpses of what this D would become. Then a very tough Sandy creek team hosted our BUCS and our young Bucs came up 23-17. Coach Varner was encouraged by this non conference performance and he knew they could do something this year. We step into conference and roll an average South cobb team 42-16. Then we step up and play the Big time region favorite Harrison led by QB Justin Fields who is ranked #1 in Nation. Our Bucs were not quite ready and lost 27-10. We now sit at 2-3 overall and 1-1 in region. Then came one of the most remarkble 5 game defensive run. Baeting Creekview 24-0 then Mckinnons old school Sprayberry was dominated from the get go it ended 34-15 but D dominated untill 4th stringers came in... Then came a tough playoff team Sequyoh team. We trailed 7-0 at the half. We tie it in 3rd .Dominate Thorughly on D and scrape a FG in the 4th to escape with a 10-7 road win. River Ridge we knew was a tune up but the offense wouldnt finnish drives. We led 23-0 ln 4th when we turn it over and its returned to the 1. Now a weird stat is produced as our BUCS win 23-7 in a game where we let up 2 total yards. This sets up Huge Finale AT DALTON. We are tied with them and they played Harrison to a 4 point game on Espn2. The winner is guaranteed a home playoff game. Defensive struggle for a scoreless 1st qtr. We finally break through to go up 7-0. We led 10- at half. 1st drive of 3rd qtr we take a strangle hold 17-0. Now we are steam rolling a team that was definitely favored over our Mighty Bucs. 2 defennsive TDs and a return to the 3 shows we are Defensive Juggernaut. ALLATOONA rolls 38-3. Now the Playoffs start and we notice in 1st 2 rounds that there are no super teams there. Allatoona is not Great but might match up with any one they play in 1st 2 rounds.
So now we roll into the playoffs where our last 5 games our D held people to 3,7,7,15,0--noting the 15 was against the 4th string. We host langston Hughes they go right down score. 7-7 after 1 with D starting to dominate. We go up 10-7 at halftime. Allatoona drives it down 1st poss of 3rd to go up 17-7. We mash em into the ground 27-7final. Now in the sweet 16 we trave to Dacula. From the get go our D is flying allover the place in a scoreless 1st. In the 2nd we break through for a 7-0 halftime lead. 1st drive of 3rd we get that all important 2 score lead 14-0 which we take take into the 4th. All momentum switches when they cut the lead to 14-7 in 4th. with 2:20 left on 4th and 6 from the Buc 25 they roll out everything is covered. a Mistake by the DB(who will become a hero) allows someone to break Free QB tossed for a TD. That same kid who made the mistake told coaches he would get it. And Sure enough he does he Blocks the extra point and preserves the 14-13 win. Now in the elite 8 our BUCS are HUUUUUGE underdogs at Tucker. Early on you can tell our BUCS are wayyy over matched on offense BUT our D is dominating themselves. After a scoreless 1st we force a fumble on punt return on the 10. We get a FG out of it. We scrape another FG and are shocking the world at 6-0 halftime. Turnng point 94 yard kickoff return to start the 3rd and we now trail 7-6. we go 3 n out they blcok punt at our 15. We move them back with our D but they go up 10-6. Turnover leads to FG 13-6 and in 4th. A better than Dwight Clark in endzone amazing catch puts Tucker up 20-6 in 4th. Now The following is why Coach Varner is the Best coach in the country. Allatoona trailing 20-6 with 4:50left has to punt from own 1. Our D dominates yet again get the ball back. We hit some plays and BOOM we are in the endzone. Bad snap on extra point so now its 20-12 with 2 minutes left. onside kick unsucceful. D dominates again and Allatoona gets the ball back with :08 left on own 13. NO coach punting at own 1 with 4:50 down 20-6 would ever have even 1 play with a chance to tie. SO our Bucs who never recruit fall to Powerful Tucker 20-12. A great season got the MAX out of this group. We will be more experience next year

EverettGriz said:
Well, f***. I thought this was going to be an overview of the Toona Buc’s season.

If you watched the Georgia state Bowl game they mentioned a guy from East pauding

EverettGriz said:
You know what I like? Paragraphs. Paragraphs are good.

Oh, and there's a lotta f***[*] creeks.

Well of course someone mentioned someone from a Paulding. With 11,392 Pauldings, it's a near mathematical certainty that someone would get mentioned eventually.

There's a lotta f***[*] Pualdings.

And no, I did not watch a Georgia State game as I have a life.

If I come across a posting that's over two or three minor little sentences, I just pass it up. Why bother wrecking my mind staring into blue light for more than a curt little message. It's just some one drooling over himself, otherwise.

WyomingGrizFan said:
If I come across a posting that's over two or three minor little sentences, I just pass it up. Why bother wrecking my mind staring into blue light for more than a curt little message. It's just some one drooling over himself, otherwise.

Whoa....wait a minute! You haven't pored over all of my wisdom regarding today's societal issues?

That's fucked up.

GGNez said:
WyomingGrizFan said:

Whoa....wait a minute! You haven't pored over all of my wisdom regarding today's societal issues?

That's f***[*] up.
GG, have you read about the Silicon Valley parties? Not too much sexual harassment!

Spanky said:
GGNez said:
WyomingGrizFan said:

That's f***[*] up.
GG, have you read about the Silicon Valley parties? Not too much sexual harassment!

Valid point, Spanky. The harassment thing is the topic of the moment. Trust me, I have plenty to say about all of the issues in society. Looking forward to moving on to more. ;)

Such as the neglect of those ill with a mental health issue.
Or some Christians that believe they are saved before God has judged them.

Back