• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Volleyball

MissoulaCanucksFan

Since Griz softball and now soccer have their own threads here, I figured I'd start a thread for volleyball.

The volleyball team's season gets underway Friday at SMU's tournament, opening against the host Mustangs. Team went through a lot of turnover in the offseason with the graduation of Hannah Sackett and Capri Richardson, the departure of seven more players that left the program, leaving only five players (seniors Sadie Ahearn and Raegan Lindsey, along with sophomores Silerolia Gaogao, Cassie Laramee, and Mykaela Hammer) returning for this season. Coach Brian Doyon basically had to reboot the team by bringing in ten new players (eight of which are true freshmen).

What's the outlook for them like? I think last year was a ruff year if I remember correctly and I don't think we've been good of late. I could be mistaken though. I honestly haven't followed the V ball team like football, the b balls, softball and soccer.

alabamagrizzly said:
What's the outlook for them like? I think last year was a ruff year if I remember correctly and I don't think we've been good of late. I could be mistaken though. I honestly haven't followed the V ball team like football, the b balls, softball and soccer.
They're picked to finish last in the conference this season. Probably because of all the turnover within the team I alluded to in the opening post. I'm hoping for great things out of them in future seasons but they do have the potential to surprise some people this season too, as long as the bounces go their way.

Back