• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Game Day Atmosphere?

Sundown

Imagine Cat-Griz like this...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjH4UN1CyfA[/youtube]

Sundown said:

Good post. Soccer is a great sport but I have a question for you soccer aficionados, why is woman's soccer so much rougher than men's soccer? No flopping. No magic spray to heal injuries. They just beat on each other...... Sorry, but the old rugby saying about soccer still holds true " soccer is a gentlemen's game played by hooligans while rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen"....

CV Griz Fan said:
Sundown said:

Good post. Soccer is a great sport but I have a question for you soccer aficionados, why is woman's soccer so much rougher than men's soccer? No flopping. No magic spray to heal injuries. They just beat on each other...... Sorry, but the old rugby saying about soccer still holds true " soccer is a gentlemen's game played by hooligans while rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen"....

Yeah, women's soccer, rugby and roller derby; those ladies will take a beating and just keep going. Some will laugh at this, but if you ever really watch a "LFL" (the former Lingerie Football League), those girls ain't fucking around. They hit hard and play to the whistle. I was a fan of the Seattle Mist when I lived out in WA.

CV Griz Fan said:
Sundown said:

I always liked "soccer is 90 minutes of pretending you are hurt and rugby is 80 minutes of pretending you are not."

SaskGriz said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Sundown said:

I always liked "soccer is 90 minutes of pretending you are hurt and rugby is 80 minutes of pretending you are not."

Touche....

Sundown said:

Guess that's why the USA government gets away with what it does abroad.

Futbol is #1

:coffee:

CV Griz Fan said:
Sundown said:

Old Dornblaser mid-60's Cat/Griz......the Hooligans ran amok! Riot in the stands stopped the game for 15 minutes or so. Cops with helmets and night sticks got in the middle of it. The Red Lodge sucker punchers carried the day for Griz fans. Players from both sides just stood on the field and watched. Cats won the game...Griz fans won the war.

grizophile said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Sundown said:

Old Dornblaser mid-60's Cat/Griz......the Hooligans ran amok! Riot in the stands stopped the game for 15 minutes or so. Cops with helmets and night sticks got in the middle of it. The Red Lodge sucker punchers carried the day for Griz fans. Players from both sides just stood on the field and watched. Cats won the game...Griz fans won the war.

They were one of my favorite teams as a youngster. I remember listening to their broadcasts on the old RCA in my parents' living room. They never quite made it all the way, but they feared nobody. My little brother and I used to act like we were Tommy "Two Knucks" O'Flannigan and Shamus "Shitstorm" O'Shea; two of the greatest RLSPs that ever lived.

Not seen on real football fields, although it does sorta resemble a certain 34-7 drubbing.

Footballers-Faking-Injury.jpg

CDAGRIZ said:
grizophile said:
CV Griz Fan said:
Sundown said:

They were one of my favorite teams as a youngster. I remember listening to their broadcasts on the old RCA in my parents' living room. They never quite made it all the way, but they feared nobody. My little brother and I used to act like we were Tommy "Two Knucks" O'Flannigan and Shamus "Shitstorm" O'Shea; two of the greatest RLSPs that ever lived.
When my grandfather was a child he witnessed the Red Lodge Sucker Punchers' legend Patrick "Flat Nose" Donnelly hit a man over the head with an empty rye bottle. My grandfather collected the bottle fragments, passed them down to my father who later passed them on to me. I cherish this family heirloom.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizophile said:
CV Griz Fan said:

When my grandfather was a child he witnessed the Red Lodge Sucker Punchers' legend Patrick "Flat Nose" Donnelly hit a man over the head with an empty rye bottle. My grandfather collected the bottle fragments, passed them down to my father who later passed them on to me. I cherish this family heirloom.

Get the fuck out of town! Are you telling me your grandpappy saw the "Shot Heard 'Round the World" in the spring of '28 with his own eyes?!! I have to see these fragments. I sincerely wish someone would've gotten the recipient's name. I understand that he was likely embarrassed at the time, but being the Rudy Tomjanovich of the 1920s would make him rich on movie rights.

For those who are unfamiliar, if "Two Knucks" O'Flannigan and "Shitstorm" O'Shea are the Craig Ochs and Lex Hilliard of the RLSPs, Patrick "Flat Nose" Donnelly is Dave Dickenson. Ursa's rye bottle fragment collection is basically like having a signed game ball from the 1995 NC game.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
grizophile said:

Get the fuck out of town! Are you telling me your grandpappy saw the "Shot Heard 'Round the World" in the spring of '28 with his own eyes?!! I have to see these fragments. I sincerely wish someone would've gotten the recipient's name. I understand that he was likely embarrassed at the time, but being the Rudy Tomjanovich of the 1920s would make him rich on movie rights.

For those who are unfamiliar, if "Two Knucks" O'Flannigan and "Shitstorm" O'Shea are the Craig Ochs and Lex Hilliard of the RLSPs, Patrick "Flat Nose" Donnelly is Dave Dickenson. Ursa's rye bottle fragment collection is basically like having a signed game ball from the 1995 NC game.

Oh, man. We need a history lesson on these guys, STAT. And some pics of the infamous bottle fragments.

Here is the "colorized" empty rye bottle in question, minutes before it was reduced to blood- and hair-stained fragments.

s-l300.jpg

Back