• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Tennis

EverettGriz

DONOR
The Griz women's tennis team is 7-0 in the BSC and just snapped Sac State's 112 match winning streak. ONE HUNDRED AND TWELVE!! Sac hadn't lost a conference match since 2001. TWO THOUSAND AND ONE!!!!

Congrats to the Griz!!

Oh, and the men's team is 5-1.

Great year for Griz athletics.

And the Sac State coach refused to talk with the media following his team's loss. Way to be a fine role model for your players!!

Great job by the ladies to win the regular season title. I believe there has only been 3 times in Big Sky history that Montana has not won or shared a regular season or post season title in any sport, and it hasn't happened since women's basketball was added in 1982. This year looked bleak so it is awesome the women's tennis team was the one to keep the title winning tradition alive.

Grizbeer said:
Great job by the ladies to win the regular season title. I believe there has only been 3 times in Big Sky history that Montana has not won or shared a regular season or post season title in any sport, and it hasn't happened since women's basketball was added in 1982. This year looked bleak so it is awesome the women's tennis team was the one to keep the title winning tradition alive.

:clap:

Both coaches have been successful recruiting some excellent players in recent years, thus, success. The coach at MSUB wasn't able to recruit quality players, so it was announced this week that he resigned. I know, MSUB isn't in the powerful Big Sky Conference, however, Billings is a strong tennis community and with the right focus they should be able to build a good tennis program. This requires a coach that does more than just throwing out the balls.

Back