• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

US Hockey team

Hammer

DONOR
I know, I know, wrong forum :roll: but nobody reads the other ones and the mods can move it if they want.

Anyway, the US Hockey team plays the Czechs tomorrow morning at 10 on USA network in the medal round. After watching that incredible shootout win over Russia Saturday morning I can't wait to watch this game. I'm normally not a big hockey fan outside of the Olympics but am beginning to really like and appreciate the sport. Very fast and physical. Lets bring home the gold, boys!!!!

Hammer said:
I know, I know, wrong forum :roll: but nobody reads the other ones and the mods can move it if they want.

Anyway, the US Hockey team plays the Czechs tomorrow morning at 10 on USA network in the medal round. After watching that incredible shootout win over Russia Saturday morning I can't wait to watch this game. I'm normally not a big hockey fan outside of the Olympics but am beginning to really like and appreciate the sport. Very fast and physical. Lets bring home the gold, boys!!!!
+1. Is the Czeck game for gold? What do they have to do to win gold?

This one should stay with the stupid FCS Olympians thread. Either they both stay, or they both are moved? I am becoming a bigger fan the older I get. I absolutely love Olympic hockey.

I'm a moderate hockey fan, but become a psycho fan when the olympics roll around. Similar to soccer and the World Cup.

Team USA is on fire right now, and it turned out the power's that be's roster moves were the right ones. The US Committee suffered some harsh criticism a couple of months ago for leaving off some of the more veteran guys, going instead with a much faster but more inexperienced team. With the bigger rink, the U.S.' skating and passing ability is overwhelming teams right now. Plus, all three U.S. goal tenders on the roster are three of the best and youngest in the NHL. Hope it continues. Get through tomorrow, and the big one with Canada is next.

Barry Melrose said on ESPN the other night, that the 2014 Olympics is the greatest hockey fans may ever see, given the bigger sheet of ice, all the NHL stars and some minor rules tweaks, he said there will never be better hockey played at any level at any time again.

mtgrizrule said:
This one should stay with the stupid FCS Olympians thread. Either they both stay, or they both are moved? I am becoming a bigger fan the older I get. I absolutely love Olympic hockey.

Too bad it is only every 4 years, NHL should or could learn a bit about pure hockey from these teams

mtgrizrule said:

Here, I'll help:

Are there any Dartmouth players playing??!

There. Now it's a lock to stay on the FB board....

:coffee:

Guess I'll be taking a long lunch tomorrow. I think the women's gold medal game is at the same time tomorrow. USA vs canada

Edit: women's is Thursday.

alabamagrizzly said:
Hammer said:

No its a quarterfinal game. they would have to win tomorrow and win 2 more after for gold. I'm sure they will have to beat either Canada or Russia (again) or both to win the gold. Time to throw in the Miracle DVD!!!!

Barry Melrose said on ESPN the other night, that the 2014 Olympics is the greatest hockey fans may ever see, given the bigger sheet of ice, all the NHL stars and some minor rules tweaks, he said there will never be better hockey played at any level at any time again.

This may be the greatest example of hyperbole, EVER. Surpassed only by the quality of Barry Melrose's late 80's early 90's mullett!

The real reason Olympic hockey is so much better? They actually play HOCKEY, instead of going to a fight and a hockey game broke out...

SaskGriz said:

This may be the greatest example of hyperbole, EVER. Surpassed only by the quality of Barry Melrose's late 80's early 90's mullett!

Melrose does rock a sweet SM (soft mullet). He could sing for the band Alabama and help his brother-in-law raise three daughters while living in the attic. It's a timeless gentleman's cut.

CDAGRIZ said:
SaskGriz said:

Melrose does rock a sweet SM (soft mullet). He could sing for the band Alabama and help his brother-in-law raise three daughters while living in the attic. It's a timeless gentleman's cut.

Props on the thinly-veiled Stamos reference!

Hammer said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Hammer said:

No its a quarterfinal game. they would have to win tomorrow and win 2 more after for gold. I'm sure they will have to beat either Canada or Russia (again) or both to win the gold. Time to throw in the Miracle DVD!!!!

If #2 USA (vs. Czech Republic) and #3 Canada (vs. Latvia) both win their next games they will meet in the semifinals. The other semifinal favorites are #1 Sweden (vs. Slovenia) and Russia (vs. #4 Finland). Russia is considered the favorite by most "experts" since they have more firepower, home ice advantage, and have been playing better than Finland as of late.

Go USA!!!

The game versus Mother Russia was amazing, one of the best games I've seen since last Olympics against Canada for the gold.
Does anyone know of a way to watch the game online this morning?
EDIT: Apparently it's on NBC.com

THE BETCH said:
Bye bye Russia.
Unbelievable. :shock: Heads are going to roll over there (and I don't necessarily mean figuratively). Tuuka Rask is an absolute stud in goal for Finland making them a very dangerous team.

ABQCat said:
THE BETCH said:
Bye bye Russia.
Unbelievable. :shock: Heads are going to roll over there (and I don't necessarily mean figuratively). Tuuka Rask is an absolute stud in goal for Finland making them a very dangerous team.

That was a big surprise! Finland proving they're a dangerous team. Hopefully the US doesn't slip up like Russia did!

And how many Russian players are getting shipped off to Siberia this morning too?

BWahlberg said:
ABQCat said:
THE BETCH said:
Bye bye Russia.

That was a big surprise! Finland proving they're a dangerous team. Hopefully the US doesn't slip up like Russia did!

And how many Russian players are getting shipped off to Siberia this morning too?
I was actually happy with the Czech draw. The alternative was to play a team we already beat pretty bad, and that can work against you sometimes. As Russia just demonstrated, if you don't show up you will lose. The Czechs should have our full attention and that's half the battle.

ABQCat said:
BWahlberg said:
ABQCat said:
THE BETCH said:
Bye bye Russia.

I was actually happy with the Czech draw. The alternative was to play a team we already beat pretty bad, and that can work against you sometimes. As Russia just demonstrated, if you don't show up you will lose. The Czechs should have our full attention and that's half the battle.

Russia struggled this entire Olympics. Two shootouts (including one against a supposedly vastly overmatched Slovakia) and a loss to Finland...

Back