• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NFL Playoffs

jodcon

DONOR
Wild Card weekend...some great games on paper.

SD @ Cincy (-7)...looks like the biggest mismatch of the week, many think Cincy will knock off NE next week, weather is going to be snow/freezing rain, Cincy should be able to run BGE and Bernard at will and hit Green and Jones enough to take out the Chargers without much trouble.

KC @ Indy (-1)...two teams who have been up and down throughout the year, KC has fallen apart the last 7 weeks and Indy seems to have found some momentum again, Charles should find plenty of room against Indy's defense but will it be enough to offset Luck and his young receivers? This game is a toss-up to me, I'll take Indy just because they're home.

NO @ Philly (-3)...should be the best offensive game of the week...Brees, Graham, Colston vs. Foles, Shady, Jackson...plus a good supporting cast for both sides. Philly can't stop the pass, Saints can't stop the run, this game could be a real shootout until the final play. Weather looks decent, 20's and light wind, shouldn't be a factor. Even though I have doubts about how Foles will play in his first playoff game, I have to go with Philly because Brees is a different QB on the road and between playing a good team in front of the wonderful Philly fans and their history with road games/weather, I can't pick NO.

SF (-3) @ GB...it's fitting this game is last because it might be the best, Rodgers and Cobb come back in the nick of time to pull out a win against Chicago and win the NFC Norris Division. A lot is being made about GB getting those guys back and...does this sound familiar...the cold and the loud...but really SF is a lot better team than GB is, GB's defense is not good, Matthews is out, SF should be able to control the clock all day long. You can't count Rodgers and Co. out with their big-play capability, but the wind (14 gusting to 22) isn't going to help their cause. Unless the Pack can find some Lambeau magic and get a couple turnovers, SF in a close one.

Only game that matters:

Indy handled KC at Arrowhead a few weeks back, but by then the Chiefs already had little to play for and looked unmotivated. Also, they essentially did what they hadn't all year: beat themselves with terrible turnovers. They won't do that Saturday. Still, their DBs have been a big question mark the last half the season, and the pass rush which was so dominant early in the year took a huge hit due to some key injuries up front. Indy by a FG at home on a late drive by Luck.

But GO CHIEFS!!!! :thumb:

Cincy
NO with a rare road win
SF

Back