• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jim McElwain is new Head Coach at Colorado State

chris

Administrator
Staff member
eGriz Club
Jim McElwain is the new Head Coach of #CSURams, announcing tomorrow!

Missoula native, Alabama's current offensive coordinator.

Good hire, another coach Bobby will have his hands full against in the Mountain West.

Wow.

Would have thought Jim could get a better job than that what with his resume.
Anyway, hope he does well.

I wish him well, but CSU football is pretty much at rock bottom. Before half time of the least game the Fort Collins police sent home all the extra police on duty to direct traffic and cope with the crowd because there was 'no need for them'. There was literally nobody in the stands.

Maybe starting at rock bottom is best because CSU has nowhere to go but up. It's interesting to me that a coach would trade being OC at Alabama for head coach at CSU.

There is no reason why a coach can not win at CSU. Seems like I remember another CSU coach with Montana ties who fared pretty well there!

Sonny was a legend. But i see Jim moving to bigger things quickly. Just not staying in Colorado long.

AZGrizFan said:
Wow.

I was thinking the same thing. CSU is in bad shape, as is the future of the Mountain West. I would have thought Coach Mac would have at least landed in Conference USA

McElwain is a good coach for CSU. I read earlier today that he had pulled his name out of the hat from Fresno State. The Sheep should be okay, but like someone said above, he won't be there long if he has success. No matter whose coaching there, the Boot stays in Laramie, bitches!

AZGrizFan said:
Wow.

No shit... Top of the World to the dung heap. Strange. :?

Interesting going back and reading some of these threads regarding McElwain's move to CSU. After finishing out last season winning 5 of their last 7, CSU is 8-1 to start THIS season....that makes them 13-3 in their last 16, and bowl eligible for the 2nd year in a row. BTW, they also essentially control their own destiny for the MWC autobid (need a LITTLE help from a Boise opponent)....wonder if Washington State is regretting their hiring decision (since rumor was that J-Mac was in their top three)....

Back