• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Here's the Kicker

mtgrizfankb

Eric Williams -Punter- Senior
Brandon Purdy- Place Kicker/ Kickoff- RSJunior
Adam Wilson- Both? - Junior
Tim Semenza- Place Kicker/ Kickoff- RSJunior
Nathaniel Furgeson- Punter- Frosh
Gabe Peppenger- Place Kicker/ Kickoff- Junior

Just a little competition here for the jobs, It will be interesting to see what happens with Gabe, Purdy and Semenza

alabamagrizzly said:
Apparently there’s some confusion here. Can we get someone to clarify weather Gabe is playing this year or not?

I'm pretty sure during one of the Tootell and Nuanez shows earlier this week (Monday maybe?) they were broadcasting a Hauck interview and Amie asked if Peppenger would be able to kick this year. Hauck's answer was no due to the transfer rules.

I believe everyone this year will be happy with Semenza and Purdy...Gabe won't be an issue.

reinell30 said:
I believe everyone this year will be happy with Semenza and Purdy...Gabe won't be an issue.

I have always thought our kicking game was good before we picked up Gabe. I guess he will have a year after the other 2 leave. Wilson came from Arizona where he played Rugby...interesting player to have.

maroonandsilver said:
alabamagrizzly said:
grizfan95 said:
I believe Gabe can't play this year, no?

Correct.

Wrong.

Skyline Sports cleared this up... if he is a walk on he doesn’t have to sit:

“It is unknown if he will be a walk-on or on scholarship for a UM squad that currently lists juniors Brandon Purdy and Timmy Semenza as kickers on its roster. If Peppenger is a walk-on, he will not have to sit out next season. If he is on scholarship, he will likely have to sit out next season per NCAA transfer rules.”

HookedonGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
alabamagrizzly said:
grizfan95 said:
I believe Gabe can't play this year, no?

Correct.

Wrong.

“It is unknown if he will be a walk-on or on scholarship for a UM squad that currently lists juniors Brandon Purdy and Timmy Semenza as kickers on its roster. If Peppenger is a walk-on, he will not have to sit out next season. If he is on scholarship, he will likely have to sit out next season per NCAA transfer rules.”

My bad. I stand corrected.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Wrong.

My bad. I stand corrected.

Except that I'm pretty sure that Skyline didn't state the rule correctly. Don't think it has anything to do with what he does at UM. It's how he got to MSU as a walk-on. Was he recruited or not? There is a definition of being recruited. I was told initially that MSU wouldn't sign the needed paperwork; then I was told they did.

Don't know why he would be kicking now as a PWO if he couldn't play in the fall. Wouldn't it be. waste to have him in camp now, and taking someone else's spot.

Don't think he's satisfied with how he's been kicking either.

You all can pick any one of those guys. Here's my kicker: :shock:

slideshows-mens-standalone-gq-feature-080107-sports-00007f.jpg

Ringneck said:
You all can pick any one of those guys. Here's my kicker: :shock:

slideshows-mens-standalone-gq-feature-080107-sports-00007f.jpg

I love her, I mean I'd like to love her or something like that....anyway, great movie!

Hard to say if or how much playing time he will get this season but the young man Ferguson from Butte will likely impress a lot of people down the road.

Back