• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MT Top 40 Football Players

laurelgriz said:
Has anyone been watching / keeping tabs on this?

I was gonna post something when the final list was complete by Montana Sports. In the search bar on twitter, type in the hashtag #MTTop40 and every post Montana Sports has made so far will be in the thread.

Every time I try to click on the previous days pick, it says that the page is not found. Anyone else having that problem? Also, I thought Andy Petek would of been at least top five on the DL. I found it odd that he was just HM.

laurelgriz said:
Every time I try to click on the previous days pick, it says that the page is not found. Anyone else having that problem? Also, I thought Andy Petek would of been at least top five on the DL. I found it odd that he was just HM.

I am having that problem as well. It's worked a few times when I have located the article on the homepage feed.

[media]https://twitter.com/slimkimmel/status/1019721796860416002?s=21[/media]

I had an extra scotch tonight - dedicated to one of my favorite 37’s, Jason Crebo. Here’s to you my friend.

I can not believe this group isn’t all over this series. All Montana kids, c’mon man. Something worth talking about.

Here is a link to the YouTube page with all of the videos if you need to get caught up

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqaTYSqWHm5f2fP87pHN7fxGFtOv5gdXY

grizpack said:
As it stated the "only stop for University of Montana linebacker", I would say no.

That’s absolutely ridiculous. Unless the reasoning is they aren’t including active players

WaGriz4life said:
Another Griz on the list at #5 for OL. Barry Darrow from CMR. Any of you old heads remember watching him?

Barry was a teammate and a giant of a man. Had a bad knee but played many years for the Cleveland Browns.
You can find him at the same table at Worden's most days talking with his many friends. A good player and a good man.

WaGriz4life said:
Tripp and Coyle have to be #1 and #2, right?

Crebo was better in my opinion. He played injured most of his Sr. year and wasn't healed when attending combine. I think he still went to camp with Buffalo, but was still not healed. I think he would have been a great pro, but never really got the chance. IMO he was a team player first and didn't let his injury stop him from giving the Griz everything. He could have said no playing and let himself heal so he would be ready for NFL tryouts. Eventually his love of football faded before he was healed enough to try the NFL again.

#4 and #3 offensive lineman are Mike Person and Sonny Holland.

#2 will be Kirk Scrafford and #1 Pat Donovan.

MTGRZ said:
maroon said:
#4 and #3 offensive lineman are Mike Person and Sonny Holland.

#2 will be Kirk Scrafford and #1 Pat Donovan.

Pat Donovan-the pride of Helena High.

Pat Donavan was an incredible athlete. I was the lead runner on Helena High 880 yard relay team midway through the 1971 track season. One day in practice the Weight coach made all the big boys run a 220. Another coach for the heck of it timed Donovan. Needless to say Pat became the anchor runner & at the state meet Helena High 880 yard relay team beat undefeated Billings Senior. Donovan with about a 5 yard lead never let the fastest runner in the state beat him in the end.

I played little league baseball with Pat. When he pitched, I could sit on my glove in right field. 😉

Back