• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coach Hauck history!

Mavman

After reading differing opinions on how successful coach Hauck will be this season I decided to look back at his first year in 2003. I also have seen some posts about how dominating his teams were as if they won every game by forty. (not so much)
2003 Losses to div 2 NDSU, idaho state, montana state and WIU. 9-4 overall
also included a 12-7 game vs Weber and 17-14 win over poly
I would be very happy with a record of 9-4 this year!
I found it interesting also how many Big Sky teams were ranked when The griz played them and how many other ranked teams the Griz played. (of course playoff teams are usually ranked)
2003: CP 20th, ISU 21st, Nau 15 ooc Maine 16th WIU 10th
2004:EWU 23rd ooc: North western state 15th, UNH 5th, SHSU 9th
2005: isu 25th,EWU 12th, Poly 3rd, Psu 20 Msu 22 ( 6 of the 12 games in 2005 were against ranked teams and a seventh game was against Oregon) Also the Isu to Psu games were four in a row :eek:

One last thing some posters have talked about whether Griz fans are spoiled well a quick story:
In Haucks third year I drove to Missoula to watch them play 12th ranked EWU. Remember at this time Hauck was 25-8 as coach and was coming off his first appearance in the FCS championship game.
The Griz lost 20-34. As we walked out of the stadium I will never forget a group of fans in front of me saying how hauck had to go and How next year will be all his recruits and the Griz may never win a BSC championship again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: Sooo not all Griz fans are spoiled but that group sure was.

It is always interesting to look back and see who Montana played and how they Did.

I recall many, many close games during BH's first stint.

I also recall his teams started seasons slow, built momentum, and finished very strong.

Hoping he can get the team out of the gate quickly this season.

SoldierGriz said:
I recall many, many close games during BH's first stint.

I also recall his teams started seasons slow, built momentum, and finished very strong.

Hoping he can get the team out of the gate quickly this season.
What I remember most was they never gave up. They didn't blow out every team but even when they were behind you couldn't count them out. They fought for every inch, every point and didn't know the meaning of quit. It was at times heart attack inducing but it was good football.

Soldier & Ray, spot on gents! You could never count the GRIZ out, ever. My then GF, now wife always said they had special something, she called it GRIZ magic, i really hope they get the Griz magic back, im hopeful. I think they will. Further, they always came out slow, would be heart attack inducing, but still good ball to watch if not frustrating at times. They built built up great momentum over the course of a season and come play-off time, WaGriz is where all world and damn good teams came to die, and they knew it! If they didn't at the start of the game they usually did by 5 minutes into the second half! Go Griz!!

Latest posts

Back