• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stadium Club/Canyon Club - cost/benefit?

Iowagriz

Seriously considering a move back to Missoula in the near future. If we did, then Griz games are in my future. Lower level would be my preference, but would want to get my wife involved and that would be easier with the inside access during colder games. Plenty of other positives as well (food, drink, bathrooms).

I see a 3 to 5 year commitment on the GoGriz website. What else is involved? Athletics donations? What is the price for 2 seats?

Obviously I need to call, but what have the others experienced?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

$1,000 per seat. Over $700 has been deductible as a charitable contribution in the past, which really reduced the price. I think the new tax law took away that deduction. I assume you can get seats, when you probably can't get greats seats in the lower sections of the stadium.

The seats outside, especially down low, are very good. Seating inside is limited and a bit boring, due to the lack of crowd/game noise.

The mingling is good and "celebs" come by. Former players, politicians, etc.

The beer, drinks, food are a bonus. Food is decent. Service by the servers is very good, and the same servers seem to do all the games. The servers are very nice. Halftime mingling is usually fun.

Watching from the decks on either side outside of the Club can be fun. There are lots of tv's in the Club. Both the official tv coverage and the feed to the tv coverage. Bathrooms are handy. And, the Club is warm, during the colder or rainy games.

Passes get some amount of checking, so it's hard to sneak anyone in.

I've heard of people talking their ways out of the multi-year commitment.

The guy who oversees premium seating is a great guy and good to work with. Like for getting additional tickets for occasional games.

It's nice to be able to move around and watch the game from multiple locations. I like the beer, and food. Technically, alcohol only in Club and adjacent decks.

Iowagriz said:
Seriously considering a move back to Missoula in the near future. If we did, then Griz games are in my future. Lower level would be my preference, but would want to get my wife involved and that would be easier with the inside access during colder games. Plenty of other positives as well (food, drink, bathrooms).

I see a 3 to 5 year commitment on the GoGriz website. What else is involved? Athletics donations? What is the price for 2 seats?

Obviously I need to call, but what have the others experienced?
We have had our seats on the 30, section 222, since the new upper deck was built. Great view of the field. However, one year, maybe 4 years ago or so, some tickets became available right on the 50 in the adjoining section 223 of the upper deck. We decided to go for it and signed on for the reasons you indicate - ability for the wife to get inside when its cold and the convenience of sneaking up for a beer and not needing to hustle to the tailgates at halftime. While that was all good, we wound up hating it. It was the fans in the area that were inanimate, wouldn't cheer or much get excited about anything. Were very cliquish and not very friendly. We missed the rapport we had with the fans in the old seats and were unable to replace those relationships during the course of the year. And they were roughly twice the price. When the year concluded I inquired about the availability of our old seats. They were available as were two more adjoining so we wound up with the four for about same price we were paying for the two in 223.

Not a recommendation from me; just our personal experience. Probably not generally applicable.

Iowa Griz, I had NEZ season tickets until BH left. The crowd was loud and sometimes rowdy. Enthusiastic by any measure. I've NEVER experienced a louder atmosphere than the EWU game, when they were first and goal at the three yard line, in front of the NEZ, ending up fourth and goal at about mid-field, then coming up just short on the final play of the game. The NEZ factor!
Since then... oh, well, it went to hell, to say the least. Bobby ball is back, and I would bet the enthusiasm and rowdiness will return. Great view of the field, and you can see the flyovers coming before the rest. No three year contract, no pricey price. No stick-up-their-ass fair-weather fans, no conceited box fans and their ass kissin' sychophants to put up with. The wife can buy game appropriate clothing so she won't cook or freeze her ass off. And, after all that, you'll STILL save money over the 200 crowd. Unless you(and your wife)would rather sip Chardonnay and eat hors d'oeurves with people you really don't want to be around. Go NEZ! :twocents:

What kemajic says is absolutely spot on.
I've been at the top of the NEZ for years, but have visited friends in boxes in the past and the atmosphere is morose compared to outdoors in the stands.
There's not a bad seat in the house, except maybe in the South end because you can't see the giant screen (I've never actually been there during a game). Any friends I have that are there for a game always come see me. Lots of room to visit at the top row.
My wife will leave early if the weather is real cold or hot and it's a blowout. Sometimes she just goes over to the Fieldhouse and warms up. She knows I'm going to be there til the final buzzer and the ritual singing of the fight song.

Montana is a place where one learns to love and hate the weather all at the same time. But a true Montanan loves cheering on the University of Montana Grizzlies from outdoors come heat, sleet or driving blizzard.
Welcome to Griz Nation!

I think it's funny that some of you, not Kem, are commenting on a place you've never been in.

The Stadium Club is not a box/suite, nor does it have an atmosphere like a box/suite.

I like seeing the insecurities and jealousies of some of you, like tourist.

The NEZ is a very nice place, and is a fun place to watch games. But, sorry, the Canyon Club is also a nice place and alternate way of watching games.

I guarantee you that Iowa's wife will like the Club more than the NEZ.

Iowa, I asked my wife about the bathroom in the Club. She said it is nice, clean, good-sized, always has soap and other supplies. Only gets a line at half time sometimes. She said it is way way better than the regular bathrooms and long lines in other parts of the stadium.

tourist said:
Iowa Griz, I had NEZ season tickets until BH left. The crowd was loud and sometimes rowdy. Enthusiastic by any measure. I've NEVER experienced a louder atmosphere than the EWU game, when they were first and goal at the three yard line, in front of the NEZ, ending up fourth and goal at about mid-field, then coming up just short on the final play of the game. The NEZ factor!
Since then... oh, well, it went to hell, to say the least. Bobby ball is back, and I would bet the enthusiasm and rowdiness will return. Great view of the field, and you can see the flyovers coming before the rest. No three year contract, no pricey price. No stick-up-their-ass fair-weather fans, no conceited box fans and their ass kissin' sychophants to put up with. The wife can buy game appropriate clothing so she won't cook or freeze her ass off. And, after all that, you'll STILL save money over the 200 crowd. Unless you(and your wife)would rather sip Chardonnay and eat hors d'oeurves with people you really don't want to be around. Go NEZ! :twocents:

This!!!!
I love my seats in the NEZ! I thought about upgrading this year when they released the new seats in the former student section but decided against it.

NEZ til I DIE!!

I’ve had my Stadium seats since inception. I absolutely love the view of not only the field but the surrounding area. I also have my NEZ seats. If I’m in a really raucous mood I sit in the NEZ. If I want to really watch the game and watch plays unfold I sit in the Stadium seats. I agree with PR on his points but I also agree with with Kem. Some of the people are really blah. My wife tosses twinkies and had a guy come down and asked to her to refrain. Went over like a fart in church. Row 8 in the NEZ is ideal but the Stadium gives you a lot of extra’s. Regardless get your wife to the games,enjoy and Go Griz!

PlayerRep said:
$1,000 per seat. Over $700 has been deductible as a charitable contribution in the past, which really reduced the price. I think the new tax law took away that deduction. I assume you can get seats, when you probably can't get greats seats in the lower sections of the stadium.

The seats outside, especially down low, are very good. Seating inside is limited and a bit boring, due to the lack of crowd/game noise.

The beer, drinks, food are a bonus. Food is decent. Service by the servers is very good, and the same servers seem to do all the games. The servers are very nice. Halftime mingling is usually fun.

Watching from the decks on either side outside of the Club can be fun. There are lots of tv's in the Club. Both the official tv coverage and the feed to the tv coverage. Bathrooms are handy. And, the Club is warm, during the colder or rainy games.

The guy who oversees premium seating is a great guy and good to work with. Like for getting additional tickets for occasional games.

It's nice to be able to move around and watch the game from multiple locations. I like the beer, and food. Technically, alcohol only in Club and adjacent decks.

True, the new tax law removed all "entertainment" expense deductions so none of this is tax deductible anymore.

go96griz said:
PlayerRep said:

True, the new tax law removed all "entertainment" expense deductions so none of this is tax deductible anymore.

And same for other seats requiring donations to the UM Foundation, as well as the boxes/suites, correct? I prepaid my 2018 tickets in late 2017 before the tax law changed. I wonder what impact this tax change will have on universities and tickets/seating/suites for athletic events--especially on pricing? The tax change changes the economics fairly significantly. Of course, it was a quite a perk for university athletic departments and premium ticket buyers.

PR is right; don’t knock it ‘til you try it. I absolutely love the Canyon Club. I think the crowd is great, with the perfect level of rowdyness. It’s like the best Griz Bar you’ve ever watched a game, only even better. There’s chants in there you don’t hear anywhere else.
If you can swing it, do the best of both worlds. I will never give up the outside seats, but some games are better in the Canyon club, esp when girls are involved. We usually go back and forth, and don’t need to race to the tailgates to chug a beer anymore. It’s expensive but the convenience and experience can be worth it

PlayerRep said:
go96griz said:
PlayerRep said:

And same for other seats requiring donations to the UM Foundation, as well as the boxes/suites, correct? I prepaid my 2018 tickets in late 2017 before the tax law changed. I wonder what impact this tax change will have on universities and tickets/seating/suites for athletic events--especially on pricing? The tax change changes the economics fairly significantly. Of course, it was a quite a perk for university athletic departments and premium ticket buyers.

Correct, anything tied to entertainment expense is gone (seat donations, boxes/suites, etc.). I fear this will ultimately be a negative for non-major university programs.

garizzalies said:
PR is right; don’t knock it ‘til you try it. I absolutely love the Canyon Club. I think the crowd is great, with the perfect level of rowdyness. It’s like the best Griz Bar you’ve ever watched a game, only even better. There’s chants in there you don’t hear anywhere else.
If you can swing it, do the best of both worlds. I will never give up the outside seats, but some games are better in the Canyon club, esp when girls are involved. We usually go back and forth, and don’t need to race to the tailgates to chug a beer anymore. It’s expensive but the convenience and experience can be worth it

Agree with PR too, yes there are fudding duddies but the main reason I like it I can see the whole field
Great experience

Great input from both sides (as expected). I'll definitely have to look into it, as well as regular seats.

First things first....finalize the working remote approval, and sell this house.

Iowagriz said:
Great input from both sides (as expected). I'll definitely have to look into it, as well as regular seats.

First things first....finalize the working remote approval, and sell this house.

Time is a wastin'. 42 days to kickoff, bro. :D :lol:

Iowagriz said:

If I were you I would grab those roaming passes. When I talked to the box office about them they said their hope was to get views from all different locations and would not get all the games in the S.endzone. The said most common tickets will be 114/115, 221/225, 121, 131/132 &102/110. I'll admit the 102/110 would suck but I think for 175.00 a ticket they are a steal. less than 30.00 bucks per game!

TCCGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:

Agree with PR too, yes there are fudding duddies but the main reason I like it I can see the whole field
Great experience

I like the people in my general area, but not sure about the family from Butte in row 2 to my left (and more to the center). Ha. Scott Gratton is fairly close. Cole Bergquist is often up there when he's in town. The people on one side of my are former players and their spouses. They are fun, especially the spouses. Some of the Mo Club bartenders seem to score tickets up there fairly often. Mick Delaney's wife is up there.

PlayerRep said:
TCCGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:

Great experience

I like the people in my general area, but not sure about the family from Butte in row 2 to my left (and more to the center). Ha. Scott Gratton is fairly close. Cole Bergquist is often up there when he's in town. The people on one side of my are former players and their spouses. They are fun, especially the spouses. Some of the Mo Club bartenders seem to score tickets up there fairly often. Mick Delaney's wife is up there.

All sound better than federal prison inmates!

My seats in section 222 are amazing. However, I would like to see a game one time from the inside to see if we like it better. How does one go about getting a test ride?

Benefit = Schmooze with the likes of PR.

Cost = likely your soul and dignity.

Edit: Please know (PR) I have know real idea of the costs and benefits. My parents have 11 season tickets and I just go with them when I can.

Back